Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Symptoms of MS
doz1lisa posted:
I have been having muslce cramping and spasms about a year and a half now. My arms and legs feel weak sometimes, and now I am expericening confusion, delayed coordination, unbalanced and halting speech. I don't feel like myself, and seem to be getting worse. I have trouble now writing and forgeting what I'm suppose to be writing. Delayed thinking as well. I don't know what is going on and I read the symptoms on MS and I fit all but three. I had an MRI on Thursday, no results yet. EBV is 5.7 and my ph alkline is 119.
Thank you,
Lisa

hackwriter responded:
Dear doz1lisa,

I'm not sure what kind of response you are looking for here on the forum, but there isn't much we can tell you at this point. A list of symptoms alone is not sufficient to offer an opinion about whether it is MS--nor is a collection of non-specific symptoms enough to diagnose MS. Your symptoms could be caused by a hundred other conditions besides MS, and an MRI is just one procedure in the diagnostic criteria. Testing for MS should include a brain MRI with and without contrast, and a cervical spine MRI, for a total of three MRIs.

After you've received your MRI results and talked with your doctor about what to do next, you could come back here to the forum and let us know what you've been told. Perhaps then we could be of some help.

Kim

Featuring Experts

Neil S. Lava, MD, is the director of the multiple sclerosis clinic at Emory University in Atlanta. He has been treating multiple sclerosis patients si...More

Helpful Tips

Dreams: My Journey with Multiple Sclerosis
At seven years old I absolutely knew what I wanted to do with my life: become a performer and maybe head for Broadway! A basement ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.