Skip to content
My wife diagnosed with Clinically isolated syndrome
leviathanfb posted:
My wife was diagnosed with clinically isolated syndrome 2 weeks ago.
She had tingling in her feet while walking for 2 weeks. Our neuro requested a MRI which showed 2 active small brain lesions and 1 active spinal lesion. She said that brain lesions were not causing the attack, but the spinal lesion was responsible for tingling in feet. My wife was also tested negative for optic neuritis.

She took Prednol (1000 mg for 7 days), and her light tingling symptoms passed about 90%.

Are there any ways (drugs) to prevent another attack? Is it possible to delay or minimize a future possible episode?

hackwriter responded:
Dear leviathanfb,

Talk to the diagnosing doctor about whether he strongly suspects MS. These days, neuros are diagnosing CIS and starting patients on an MS disease-modifying therapy if they are fairly certain it is MS. Early treatment is documented to have an impact on the disease course.

The MS therapies are designed to limit the number of attacks and lessen the severity of them. So starting one of those drugs is the only way to delay/minimize a future episode.

I hope you'll have that discussion with her neurologist and let us know what you decide to do.

Kim

Featuring Experts

Neil S. Lava, MD, is the director of the multiple sclerosis clinic at Emory University in Atlanta. He has been treating multiple sclerosis patients si...More

Helpful Tips

certified nursing assistant (CNA)
I am a care giver who have had vast experience with MS patient and i do travel with my client/s. If some one out there who is looking for a ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.