Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
I am new to this
njgirl613 posted:
Hello, my name is Michelle and I am so scared. Long story short, my mom had progressive ms for 10 yrs, she passed away many years ago. I had 2 buzzing feelings in my head within 2 years, didn't last long aa few seconds. Have had a lot of stress for a few years now and went to an ent 2 weeks ago for tinnitus. Mild hearing loss and tinnitus in right ear. I went for MRI last week and found out they found white matter on my frontal lobe. I am going to Neuro next Tues. This is my worst nightmare coming true. I have two small children and am devistated. I don't know what to do. Crying so hard writing this.

hackwriter responded:
Dear Michelle,

Feeling scared is unavoidable while we're waiting to hear our doctor's interpretation of an abnormal MRI, it's an incredibly stressful time. And though you seem to have convinced yourself that you, too, have progressive MS, remember there is a chance that other conditions might be causing your symptoms.

If your doctor does suspect MS, it might be the Relapsing-Remitting form for which there are numerous therapies. And even if it is the progressive form, your disease process could be very different than your mother's, it doesn't necessarily mean a rapid decline and an early death.

I hope you'll let us know the outcome of your Tuesday doctor appointment and your doctor's recommendations for further testing and/or treatment plan. Hang in there, Michelle, no matter what you learn on Tuesday, you'll be okay. We've all been there and run the gamut from terror to acceptance. Come back here any time to vent and ask questions, we'll do what we can to help you feel a little better.

Kim

njgirl613 replied to hackwriter's response:
Dear Kim,

Thank you for your kind reply. I am so scared, I have two boys to raise. I would never want my boys to see me like I remember my mother. Very sad. I know there are so many people that have it and living normal lives but I scared as hell. How are you doing?
Michelle

Featuring Experts

Neil S. Lava, MD, is the director of the multiple sclerosis clinic at Emory University in Atlanta. He has been treating multiple sclerosis patients si...More

Helpful Tips

Dreams: My Journey with Multiple Sclerosis
At seven years old I absolutely knew what I wanted to do with my life: become a performer and maybe head for Broadway! A basement ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.