Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    MS and/or FibroM Diagnosis Issues
    Tman321 posted:
    Hello there, this is my first post in this community. My Mom has developed severe problems walking which have been getting progressively worse and has been given a different diagnosis by everyone she has seen. She has been diagnosised with MS, Fibromyalgia, and Rhumatoid arthritis. On top of that she has been diagnosed with restless legs syndrome.

    I have a lot of health issues as well and over the years they have become so severe that it is hard for me to help myself and now when my mother needs me the most I am not being able to help her.

    We both live in a very isolated area and have no other form of support except for each other. There are no support groups and there is no one else around us that care if we get our health back or not.

    I joined this community because I care about my Mom and she has always been there for me. I want to help her get the right treatment and help she needs. Because she is 62 and getting worse, I don't have a lot of time left. I want to take her to one of the best hospitals for patients with problems with their feet, legs, and back and that deal with MS, Fibromyalgia, and Rheumatoid Arthritis, since know one can really tell us what she has. Does anyone have any suggestions for one of the best hospitals that have doctors who will try and figure out what is wrong with my mom and who will try and help her and not give up until they have found some answers? My mom has never had any problems walking until within the last 2 years. Before that she held up a full time job.
    hackwriter responded:
    Dear T,

    I suspect that your mother has not had the proper diagnostic testing for MS and RA. Testing for MS includes brain and spine MRIs, a lumbar puncture, EPTs, and clinical exams, all done under the care of a neurologist.

    Rheumatoid Arthritis is diagnosed and treated by a rheumatologist, as is Fibromyalgia. Restless Legs Syndrome is a neurological symptom caused by various medical conditions rather than a disease in itself.

    Try to find an MS specialist closest to you, a University Hospital might be a good place to start. The Mayo Clinic has facilities in Minnesota, Wisconsin, Iowa, Georgia, and Arizona, and the Cleveland Clinic is a reputable MS center as well. The University of Buffalo conducts a lot of MS studies, I know some MS patients who are treated there. You can also contact your local chapter of the National Multiple Sclerosis Society for a list of specialists in your area, just type it into your browser search box.

    Hope this helps.


    Featuring Experts

    Stephanie knows multiple sclerosis as a patient and as a nurse. Stephanie was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis in 2013. Shortly after being diagnosed...More

    Helpful Tips

    Tips for Getting Through Cold & Flu SeasonExpert
    The weather is finally cooling down which brings most of us great relief, however flu season is right around the corner! I just wanted to ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    2 of 2 found this helpful

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.