Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Up Date
murse1975 posted:
My Neuro Doc has be on Dimethyl Furomate to slow the symptoms down and on Ampyra for my balance and walking. I am more fatigued than ever, my eyes are bugging to the light , and most of the day I was laying down...Some days I can't get up due to numbness, achiness,and my memory loss is bad!!! MS SUCKS! Who's with me!??? I'm hanging in there tho....I have Primary Progressive MS..diagnosed in 1992.

hackwriter responded:
Dear murse,

Tecfidera (dimethyl fumarate) has been approved to treat Relapsing-Remitting MS only, so I'm guessing you are participating in a clinical trial testing it to treat the progressive form. How long have you been in the study?

Kim

murse1975 replied to hackwriter's response:
Thank you for replying.. please forgive my lack of not responding quick enough... I've had a pretty rough three weeks but getting better....the study has been for awhile now but out of the blue the doctor took me off it due to reactions. Now we're talking about Ampyra , which I understand is used for walking?

hackwriter replied to murse1975's response:
Murse,

Glad to hear you're feeling better. Yes, Ampyra is used to help MS patients walk faster and farther. What kinds of reactions were you experiencing?

Kim

Featuring Experts

Neil S. Lava, MD, is the director of the multiple sclerosis clinic at Emory University in Atlanta. He has been treating multiple sclerosis patients si...More

Helpful Tips

the walking drug, ampyra
was diagnosedwith MS in 2000. my walking has been getting harder to do but i was still able to work. i recently had an exacerbation of my ... More
Was this Helpful?
51 of 62 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.