Skip to content
tryn to figure this posting stuff out
tattoobill posted:
just got told about 2 hours ago i have ms...and im scared

IrmaB responded:
Hi there, don't be afraid of MS. Just learn all you can about this dis-ease because it's the "not-knowing" that scares you. The doctor that told me I had MS ten years ago had me think that I was going to "die" soon! Just ask your docs (medical and neurologist ALL the questions you can think of until you have a good understanding of MS and also find out what TYPE of MS you have (relapsing-remitting, progressive, etc.) Also, check out the website : NATONALMSSOCIETY.ORG, or Google or Bing the name. Alsi, find a support group in your area! Take care! Irma.

andysangel responded:
what kind of test did you have? I know I am scared too. I have the symptoms and have had MRI and CAT scans and blood test. All the doctors that I have been to want to just brush me off because I am on state medicaid not a private insurance. But I am here to listen and be supportive to you.

Featuring Experts

Neil S. Lava, MD, is the director of the multiple sclerosis clinic at Emory University in Atlanta. He has been treating multiple sclerosis patients si...More

Helpful Tips

Vitamin D
I've had MS since 2001 and had flare ups usually twice a year. Although I have mild MS with tingling and with flare up moderate pain I've ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.