Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
PLEASE I REALLY NEED HELP HERE
Marshas_Angels posted:
Ok. I have a question. I just got a call from my neurologist and they said i dont have a neurological problem like MS or anything. on 5/14/2013 he took 2 vials of blood and then i came and they did a small fiber neropothy biopsy. the tests he ran were:
VITAMIN B12; METHYLMALONIC ACID, SERUM; ANA/ANTINUCLEAR ANTIBODIES; RHEUMATOID FACTOR, BLOOD
ANTIBODY TO EXTRACT NUCLEAR AG EVAL,BLOOD
I sent him a list of everything that is going on which is:
PAIN all over
Pain to move eye's
numbness
I have bad balance
Burning in hands and feet
Muscle Spasms
Heat Sensitive
Shaking (hands, insides, Legs)
Feeling of being on a boat all the time
Anxiety
Choking on food/water
Bladder and bowel problems
Hearing loss
Paranoid
extreme temperature changes hurts my body
Heat hurts
hot and cold flashes
half my body goes numb
my arm goes freezing
TIRED ALL THE TIME
problems with walking
Tingling
SHAKING feels like inside and i know outside.
The dr didn't do any more tests than what i told you about is this normal. no MRI no nothing. he had the nurse call me and say nothing was wrong. I know that the blood tests and the biopsy came back normal but does that mean i dont have anything wrong with me? This does not seem right to me is it?

Rory26312 responded:
Dear Marsha

Looks like you got the old "this one is hysterical ,get her out of here" brush off.

Sorry to say it but some doctors just do this when the cann't be bothered.

There can be a great many causes for your symptoms of which MS is only one.

Did your PC refer you to a neuro if so you can go back and get a refferal for a second opinion (not that you got one in the first place)

As for testing the should do Mri's of the brain with and without contrast .Mri of the cevical spine . A lumbar punture (AKA) a spinal tap and possibly evoked potenial testing . Even after all that the cann't rule out MS alltogether.

You got the brush of once but if you really feel your symptoms are MS related then you have to get another neuro and be properly tested.

Rory

Marshas_Angels replied to Rory26312's response:
that's the thing the nero dr said that he's refusing to see me not my reg dr

lilbopig responded:
What you need is a new Neurologist. That guy is just plain negligent if he hasn't even ordered an MRI. Get your regular doc to refer you to someone else...preferrably someone who has some experience with MS. You obvioiusly have something neurological going on, and you need a neurologist that knows what he/she is doing.

Featuring Experts

Neil S. Lava, MD, is the director of the multiple sclerosis clinic at Emory University in Atlanta. He has been treating multiple sclerosis patients si...More

Helpful Tips

Dreams: My Journey with Multiple Sclerosis
At seven years old I absolutely knew what I wanted to do with my life: become a performer and maybe head for Broadway! A basement ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.