Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Just diagnosed today with MS...sort of
MSMatt316 posted:
Hi all. First, let me thank anyone that responds in advance. Its been 2 years coming, but think I now have gotten the diagnosis that I've known for the last few years, was coming. I'm a 41 year old male. My Neurologist is about 65% for MS/35% for B12 deficiency. I will try and list as many symptoms as I can remember, because my short term memory "sucking" is definitely one of them. Neuropathy/pins amd needles feeling in my extremities, random spots of pins and needlest that can show up anywhere on my body one minute, and last a few, or be gone the next (I.e. scalp, forehead, cheek, tongue, stomach/side, hip, anywhere really), trouble swallowing food, severe fatigue, mood swings, complete lack of interest in sex, really bad balance, as well as bad fine motor control of my hands/fingers. (Don't ask me to try and pick up something small, unless you have a minute), loss of appetite, sleep loss, etc. Now...my brain mri showed one 2mm x 6mm lesion in the right frontal lobe of my brain. I had my opthamologist take pictires of my optic nerves, and the left was slightly inflamed. Hearing portion of my evoked potentials test was normal, left eye showed some pretty poor results in the "visual/checker board" test. The "physical/shocking" portion, showed decreased "activity" on the right side of my arm and leg, leg worse that arm. Neuro says... "would very low B12 level give a lot of the same exact symptoms...yes. Is that going to cause the lesion, or cause my one eye to be effected as it is...probably not." Hence, why leaning more towards MS...which I am too. B12 shots once a week for 6 months, and then another brain mri in 6 weeks, and recheck b12 levels. I've known something was wrong for quite a while...and as silly as it may sound, I'm almost happy to, for the most part, finally know what's going on. Having a friend that has MS, and sees the same doctor has also helped having someone that can relate. I welcome anyones thoughts, input, comments. Thanks again~Matt

Featuring Experts

Neil S. Lava, MD, is the director of the multiple sclerosis clinic at Emory University in Atlanta. He has been treating multiple sclerosis patients si...More

Helpful Tips

Wealth of vitamin D and MS information
There is a lot of information on vitamin D and MS at VitaminDWiki. Shortcut to the MS material is http://tinyurl.com/MSVitaminD . You ... More
Was this Helpful?
24 of 31 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.