Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
MS or not???
hellsdancer posted:
Well about 4 years ago a Neurologist diagnosed me as having MS. At first I was glad...finally an answer to all the physical problems I was having. I read up on it and it answered a lot of questions I had.
I had quite a few legions in my head,always exhausted,eyesight going steadily worse, joint pain, memory loss,can't take heat, I am unbalanced and get dizzy easily. And much more.
Now the problem was that I was 60 and it could partially be Menopause. I tried to avoid a spinal tap but my doctor insisted.
When it came out normal, my doctor "undiagnosed" me.
So I am right back where I started from and I don't know.
One doctor said I had fibro.
In the mean time my existing problems got worth. My eye sight is going down hill. My joints hurt and I have problems making a fist and it seems to lock up on me.
I just stopped going to doctors after they just gave me lots of pills and they just made it worse.
I am not asking to be diagnosed and I am aware that it would take a physical etc. But I would like to know ...if my spinal tap came out normal does that mean I don't have MS?

Rory26312 responded:
Hi

The simple answer is no a negative spinal does not rule out MS . I know this because I was dignosed despite a negative spinal.

If a neuro told you this he/she is not up on MS.

I have no way of knowing if you have MS or not but as much as I respect your decision to hop of the doctor bandwagon, you may have to go to at least one more for a final diagnosis otherwise if it is MS it may get worse if untreated.

Sorry if that sounds harse but I think it is true,

Rory

hellsdancer replied to Rory26312's response:
Thank you Rory for responding. I finally now have Medicare and Mediaid, so I am going to give it another try. Now to find a Doctor that knows a lot about MS. I am so glad I found this website.
Thanks again. I will post when I find out more.

Mady

Featuring Experts

Neil S. Lava, MD, is the director of the multiple sclerosis clinic at Emory University in Atlanta. He has been treating multiple sclerosis patients si...More

Helpful Tips

Repair the Myelin Sheath?
I'm no Dr. but this is what I did: The Myelin Sheath is made from 3 fatty acids- Omega 3 & 6 & DHA. There is aproduct called ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.