Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
need advice
andysangel posted:
What kind of questions do I need to ask or say to the PCP, besides tell them my symptoms and the pain I'm in. So far, they are just looking at me like I am imagining all of it just to get pain pills. I am in Kentucky so the politicians think can control the "drug problem" by closing the pain clinics down... So anyone who is in pain can't get help.
What test should I request to have done. I have already had a current MRI but they were not looking M.S but looking for the back damage from a fall back in 1999, when I started having problems. ANY SUGESTIONS???????

hackwriter responded:
Dear andysangel,

I reread your posts from a few weeks back and you had mentioned having already seen a neurologist who suspected MS. You also mentioned that medicaid wouldn't pay for further scans and that this problem made you drop the investigation.

Hospitals often have patient assistance programs for people who are either uninsured or whose insurance won't cover the procedures done at that hospital. It's something you can investigate.

Can you go back to that neurologist who suspected MS/ordered the original MRI or have his office send you your medical records and scans to bring to an appointment with another neurologist, or even to your PCP?

You mentioned having a current spine MRI related to back damage from a fall, but didn't say what the results were. Do you have the radiology report from that MRI? If you do have a spine problem due to injury, that can cause symptoms similar to MS. What's more, demyelinating lesions will show up on an MRI even if the ordering doctor was looking for something unrelated.

Kim

Featuring Experts

Neil S. Lava, MD, is the director of the multiple sclerosis clinic at Emory University in Atlanta. He has been treating multiple sclerosis patients si...More

Helpful Tips

Vitamin D
I've had MS since 2001 and had flare ups usually twice a year. Although I have mild MS with tingling and with flare up moderate pain I've ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.