Skip to content


    Attention All WebMD Community Members:

    These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place:

    Your new WebMD Message Boards are now open!

    Making the move is as easy as 1-2-3.

    1. Head over to this page:

    2. Choose the tag from the drop-down menu that clicks most with you (and add it to any posts you create so others can easily find and sort through posts)

    3. Start posting

    Have questions? Email us anytime at

    need advice
    andysangel posted:
    What kind of questions do I need to ask or say to the PCP, besides tell them my symptoms and the pain I'm in. So far, they are just looking at me like I am imagining all of it just to get pain pills. I am in Kentucky so the politicians think can control the "drug problem" by closing the pain clinics down... So anyone who is in pain can't get help.
    What test should I request to have done. I have already had a current MRI but they were not looking M.S but looking for the back damage from a fall back in 1999, when I started having problems. ANY SUGESTIONS???????
    hackwriter responded:
    Dear andysangel,

    I reread your posts from a few weeks back and you had mentioned having already seen a neurologist who suspected MS. You also mentioned that medicaid wouldn't pay for further scans and that this problem made you drop the investigation.

    Hospitals often have patient assistance programs for people who are either uninsured or whose insurance won't cover the procedures done at that hospital. It's something you can investigate.

    Can you go back to that neurologist who suspected MS/ordered the original MRI or have his office send you your medical records and scans to bring to an appointment with another neurologist, or even to your PCP?

    You mentioned having a current spine MRI related to back damage from a fall, but didn't say what the results were. Do you have the radiology report from that MRI? If you do have a spine problem due to injury, that can cause symptoms similar to MS. What's more, demyelinating lesions will show up on an MRI even if the ordering doctor was looking for something unrelated.


    Featuring Experts

    Stephanie knows multiple sclerosis as a patient and as a nurse. Stephanie was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis in 2013. Shortly after being diagnosed...More

    Helpful Tips

    Reliv does work
    I thought Reliv was a hoax too. But it's not. You need to take it regularly and consistently and it proves miracles. My mom was diagnosed ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    1 of 1 found this helpful

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.