Skip to content
MS Drs.
LGK1964 posted:
Is it ok to request a different Dr from the same office? The neurologist I have now is very cold and my diagnosis is new and I am not understanding everything.
hackwriter responded:
Dear LGK,

You can certainly try. Call the office and perhaps talk to a nurse or other professional and explain that the doc you are seeing is not a good fit for you. Ask their advice, they might surprise you and reveal their own attitude or tell you other patients have done the same thing. They might even refer you to another specialist in a different practice. You never know, it doesn't hurt to try, and it sounds as though you're ready to quit this doc sooner or later anyway.

If you can't get an answer you'd like from them, then you'll need to look elsewhere for a specialist. Contact your local chapter of the National Multiple Sclerosis Society for a list of MS specialists in your area.

canoebuilder responded:
One thing you have to understand is that you are the customer of the doctor. If you go some place to eat and do not like the food or service, you most likely would not go back. Why is the doctor different. My wife went through 3 neurologist before she found the one she enjoyed going to. Made a huge difference in her communication with him and his treatment of her.
canoebuilder responded:
I forgot one thing. Go to the MS meetings and talk with the people that are there. They will tell you who is good.
seazephyr responded:
agree with hackwriter. i have ms too. i asked my regular doctor for the name of a doctor who could help me. the first was a man that i didn't like at all. he, my regular doctor, found another that i like very much. so i hope you do the same. there are a lot of doctor's and people in the ms network that are more than willing to help.

Featuring Experts

Stephanie knows multiple sclerosis as a patient and as a nurse. Stephanie was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis in 2013. Shortly after being diagnosed...More

Helpful Tips

Hi whitefrazier - I live in OH, it took me over 2 years and 3 tries. The last try I obtained an Attorney. My age was 40-42. There is a ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.