Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
nervous and scared for tomorrow.
heathera29 posted:
I am going to a new dr tomorrow and I'm really nervous and scared, I have heard from a lot of people that while he is a good dr he is. Very rude and not very caring toward patients I hope that he can help me in some way and is a decent dr.Had symptoms show back up this passed week and I really hope he will be able to tell me something. Was told he is the best MS dr in the city. I will hopefully be able to update after.

Heather

heathera29 responded:
Ok so I went in and he doesn't believe it's Ms or some of the other things, he is testing me for epilepsy,stroke and a few other things. So for now I am off this board.

angelaincincy replied to heathera29's response:
Hi Heather,

I was misdiagnosed for 10 years before I finally had a doctor run the right tests on me. I eventually found it helpful to get a second or third opinion and have mulitple doctors work with me as a team. I also get copies of all test results and films and bring them with me to each doctor. Good luck!

musulei replied to angelaincincy's response:
What were the test that were run? Are the mulitple doctors all treating the MS? If so, do they conflict?

csibear replied to heathera29's response:
Dear heather29

I do understand how you feel going to a new doctor and how scarry it is. Do not let this dr. steer you away from your orig. findings, because I went that and and almost paid the dear cost for it. I found me another doctor who took the time to get to know me and my case,and listen to me and what was going on. I told him about the other doctor and he was not impressed with his findings or the way he treated me. You deserve the best care out there, so do not settle for less. Best of luck to you.

Featuring Experts

Neil S. Lava, MD, is the director of the multiple sclerosis clinic at Emory University in Atlanta. He has been treating multiple sclerosis patients si...More

Helpful Tips

certified nursing assistant (CNA)
I am a care giver who have had vast experience with MS patient and i do travel with my client/s. If some one out there who is looking for a ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.