Skip to content
CHEMOTHRAPY
latnahc posted:
Hi, I am 50 years old and was diagnosed in 1993. Disease progressed rapidly as I went from relapse remitting until 1998 and in 2006 went to Secondary Progressive. I have taken mega drugs from cortisone therapies to Mitoxanthrone therapy in 2001 and kept progressing until neurologist decided to try in 2006 a protocol drug therapy called cyclophosmoside chemotherapy. I have since been on this therapy and receive treatment every 16 weeks at the hospital. NO side effects. Nurse comes to take blood tests every 2 weeks. I use a motorized wheelchair and can no longer walk.

Use adapted transportation to leave house every day and try to maintain positive attitude!

ldwearwolf responded:
Hello,
My name is LD Wear 62 diag 1993 on Tysabri for last 6 yrs .This after A B C and cemo . It seems to have stabilized the MS well,but old age is not amusing...

Featuring Experts

Neil S. Lava, MD, is the director of the multiple sclerosis clinic at Emory University in Atlanta. He has been treating multiple sclerosis patients si...More

Helpful Tips

Tip for hives
My daughter suffers with hives, they have never found out what causes her hives either. We thought since I was recently diagnosed that ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.