Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Others with R.M.M.S.
hopen4help posted:
Intrested in anyone on the new therapy, Tecfidera. Is it helping you? what side effects are you having? Notice any spinal cord pressure, migraine, blurry vision, or new neuropathy? I would be great full to anyone willing to respond. Feeling worried and insecure.

hackwriter responded:
Dear hope,

I've been on Tecfidera since September and have only experienced a mild prickly sensation in my face.

The symptoms you've described are not on the Tecfidera side effects list. But you should tell your specialty pharmacist about them, it's important to document possible side effects of any drug after it has reached the patient population.

More importantly, you should report these symptoms to your neuro right away. You might be having a flare or symptoms of an unrelated medical condition. Your doc will want to examine you, determine a cause and a course of treatment.

I hope you'll make that call very soon, and do let us know what's going on.

Kim

swampster1952 responded:
Hello hopen4help,

I started BG-12 (Tecfidera) the first week of December. I occasionally have some flushing, occasionally have "crap in pants" episodes and have generally been feeling pretty blah.

It is too early to tell if I am getting any beneficial effects from it. i will give i at least 6 months and a visit to my neuro before deciding if I will continue.

Dave

chowbelloa replied to swampster1952's response:
Hi. I have been taking Tecifidera since mid Nov.. I did pretty good on it for the first month. Lately I have been catching every illness around. I just can;t stay healthy. I tried Aubagio and found it counteracted every medicine I was taking. I have been sick for almost a month and feeling very Blah.

swampster1952 replied to chowbelloa's response:
Hellochowbellloa,

Like I indicated in my first post to you, I am going to put up with the side effects for at least six months. The side effects from these drugs can be different for each of us and thus we each have to weight the pros and cons of discontinueing any new drug therapy.

Good luck with it all,

Dave

Featuring Experts

Neil S. Lava, MD, is the director of the multiple sclerosis clinic at Emory University in Atlanta. He has been treating multiple sclerosis patients si...More

Helpful Tips

Repair the Myelin Sheath?
I'm no Dr. but this is what I did: The Myelin Sheath is made from 3 fatty acids- Omega 3 & 6 & DHA. There is aproduct called ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.