Skip to content

Announcements

Exciting News for WebMD Members!

We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

What Do You Need to Do?

The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

New diagnosis
    ajhelper posted:
    Hi everyone I am new to this but my fiancee has been diagnosed RRMS and I am trying to find out as much as I can to be supportive. If there are any books or sites other than this one that anyone can suggest that would be great.

hackwriter responded:
    Hello ajhelper,

You're wonderful to want to educate yourself about your fiancee's MS There are plenty of sites out there where you can learn about MS and also interact with people who are caregivers of loved ones with MS who are experienced and knowledgeable. Here are several:

https://www.facebook.com/MultipleSclerosisDotNet

http://multiplesclerosis.net/

www.mymsaa.org

www.msfocus.org/"00E

www.nationalmssociety.org

If you type multiple sclerosis into your search box,
    you'll find a lot more sites as well, there's lots of info about MS out there.

Hope this helps.

Kim

swampster1952 responded:
    Hello ajhelper,

Good on you for wanting to delve into the arcane mysteries of MS. Please keep in mind that all MS websites are not created equal and that there is still plenty of misinformation out there.

The websites the Kim provided are a good place to start and you can be pretty certain that any information you glean from those sites will be as accurate and up-to-date as possible.

Let us know how you and your fiancee are making out, okay, like in the front seat or the back seat or the bed of the pickup?!

Smiling in Alaska,

Dave

ajhelper replied to hackwriter's response:
    Kim - thank you for that info. Its a good place for to start. I'm afraid to stress him out and he doesn't want me to treat him any differently.

T

Featuring Experts

Stephanie knows multiple sclerosis as a patient and as a nurse. Stephanie was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis in 2013. Shortly after being diagnosed...More

Helpful Tips

Tips for Getting Through Cold & Flu SeasonExpert
    The weather is finally cooling down which brings most of us great relief, however flu season is right around the corner! I just wanted to ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    2 of 2 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.