Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
New, in pain and scared that i may have MS - please help
yume_kyger posted:
Hello, my name is Eric and i am 44 years old.

I have had a lot of stress in my life and i tend to have a low threshold for stressful situations. I panic, get anxious and angry quickly.

The past few months have been a nightmare for me as i have suffered from an incredible amount of symptoms after a very stressful event. The urologist found nothing, the ENT found nothing, the gastro found Reflux Oesophagitis. But none of them has an explanation for everything, and certainly nothing that ties it all together. So i have been suffering from extreme anxiety and fear of something bad and can't bring myself to accepting the fact that it might all be 'just' stress.

Here are my symptoms:
- Penis pain that comes and goes (occasional)
- Burning in penis after urination (occasional)
- Itchy anus (occasional)
- Pain in testicles (occasional)
- Pain in various muscles: hips, rib cage, lower back, upper back between the shoulder blades (especially in one particular point in the middle of my spine), chest, throat, back of head, left knee, and recently a finger on my right hand. This pain travels constantly: one day it's my back hurting, one day it's my chest, one day my pelvic area, once in a while, it's everything...when these muscles hurt, i can put a finger on them and they are very sensitive/painful.
- Nausea
- Heartburn
- Fatigue
- Bloating and belching
- Pain below the sternum
- Hoarseness and sore throat and problems swallowing food
- Depression and anxiety

Does this fit the profile of someone with MS? thank you for you help.
thank you.

hackwriter responded:
Dear yume,

It is impossible to say that your symptoms fit the profile of having MS. Most of what you describe would not be typical of early onset MS. But even if your symptoms did sound MS-related, our symptoms also match a wide variety of other medical conditions. Testing for MS includes eliminating numerous other causes.

The important thing for you is to persist in pushing your doctors to investigate the possible causes for your symptoms until they find the answers and can treat you.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Kim

yume_kyger replied to hackwriter's response:
Hello hackwriter,
thank you very much for your answer. I will schedule an appt with a neuro and try to get some answers.
best,
eric

Featuring Experts

Neil S. Lava, MD, is the director of the multiple sclerosis clinic at Emory University in Atlanta. He has been treating multiple sclerosis patients si...More

Helpful Tips

Vitamin D
I've had MS since 2001 and had flare ups usually twice a year. Although I have mild MS with tingling and with flare up moderate pain I've ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.