Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

We answer all types of Neurology/Neurological questions about the brain, spinal cord, and peripheral nerves. Include your age, sex, current meds, and known diagnoses, upcoming/completed appointments, tests, or procedures. We are not physicians. We help explain medical terminology and give support.
Flat Pituitary, need answers when there appears none exist
Anon_41638 posted:
incidental "empty sella turcica" is
visible with the pituitary gland compressed against the sellar
floor
on my MRI report.
I have found medical journal entries but no patient documentations on the internet.
have seen explanations that its...." when a woman is obese" (thanks but I have been active my whole life and I am over weight but not sitting on couch eating bon bons )
to
possible past cyst or csf pressure resulting in flattening to malformations.

is there an expert on the board anywhere..

lifes responded:
Hi,

There are only laypersons on most Boards. Obesity is not the primary cause; in fact an overseas study noted obesity but thought it was not a primary cause. The problem is, docs aren't sure exactly what causes it. Have you read this journal article?

http://jcem.endojournals.org/content/90/9/5471.full

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm a PA student, graduating in December (I hope). I have a long history as a patient including six unrelated surgeries, and a couple of other hos...More

Helpful Tips

Preparing for Your Neurology Appointment - Exam Part 1
You've waited weeks, or months, to get an appointment to see a neurologist. You're upset, nervous, maybe scared. You don't know what to ... More
Was this Helpful?
18 of 31 found this helpful