Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

We answer all types of Neurology/Neurological questions about the brain, spinal cord, and peripheral nerves. Include your age, sex, current meds, and known diagnoses, upcoming/completed appointments, tests, or procedures. We are not physicians. We help explain medical terminology and give support.
Flat Pituitary, need answers when there appears none exist
Anon_41638 posted:
incidental "empty sella turcica" is
visible with the pituitary gland compressed against the sellar
floor
on my MRI report.
I have found medical journal entries but no patient documentations on the internet.
have seen explanations that its...." when a woman is obese" (thanks but I have been active my whole life and I am over weight but not sitting on couch eating bon bons )
to
possible past cyst or csf pressure resulting in flattening to malformations.

is there an expert on the board anywhere..

lifes responded:
Hi,

There are only laypersons on most Boards. Obesity is not the primary cause; in fact an overseas study noted obesity but thought it was not a primary cause. The problem is, docs aren't sure exactly what causes it. Have you read this journal article?

http://jcem.endojournals.org/content/90/9/5471.full

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm a PA student, graduating in December (I hope). I have a long history as a patient including six unrelated surgeries, and a couple of other hos...More

Helpful Tips

It hurts! It jerks! My body's doing something...strange...
Every person with a neurological condition or disorder started out with a symptom that hurt, jerked (tremor or worse), or that just was ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 19 found this helpful

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.