Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

We answer all types of Neurology/Neurological questions about the brain, spinal cord, and peripheral nerves. Include your age, sex, current meds, and known diagnoses, upcoming/completed appointments, tests, or procedures. We are not physicians. We help explain medical terminology and give support.
Burning and tingling in one foot along with severe constipation
An_249028 posted:
Four several months, I wake up every night with a severe pain in my left foot. It's a combination of burning, tingling and pain...I am also experiencing severe constipation at least once a week....Could the pain in my foot be caused by some sort of nerve damage, and could constipation be related to this as well? Please advise.

lifes responded:
Ask your doctor about neuropathy. Make sure you are checked for diabetes, but typically just one side would be something in your lower back. Constipation is a separate issue, unless it is somehow putting pressure on a nerve.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a 59 yr oldd caucasian male who was first diagnosed with diabetes in 1990.Diabetes and it's manifestations have led to being in a nursing ho...More

Helpful Tips

Preparing for Your Neurology Appointment - Exam Part 1
You've waited weeks, or months, to get an appointment to see a neurologist. You're upset, nervous, maybe scared. You don't know what to ... More
Was this Helpful?
18 of 31 found this helpful