Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

We answer all types of Neurology/Neurological questions about the brain, spinal cord, and peripheral nerves. Include your age, sex, current meds, and known diagnoses, upcoming/completed appointments, tests, or procedures. We are not physicians. We help explain medical terminology and give support.
Brain Pains and Injury
An_250633 posted:
Hello my name is branden, i have had some health issues quickly develop over the course of 5-6 months last year. I want to know if it is possible to lose eyesight and have head pains in addition to memory loss,reading and subvocal speech issues due to a back and hip injury. There is head pains associated to the center and rear of my brain as-well as spasms,tightness and pain in the neck.

I had an MRI of the hip and lower back but nothing was found other than a degenerative disc concern. Meanwhile i have bones moving and popping in various locations of my spine and hip. I have siatica in both legs and a "pinched nerve" supposedly. I have also developed a degenerative disc concern post the injury after a year. I am doing alot of searching and explaining with not much luck or response from docs. So going through a long process due to insurance and having my symptoms become worse by the day is difficult. I really do need some insight.

The strangest symptoms is the uvula in the back of my throat and the tissue it hangs from has sunken atleast 3 inches down my throat. I consistently choke on the tissue in my mouth when breathing or swallowing. There is also a flapping noise in the nasal cavity in addition to my cheeks swelling. The tissues behind the ears hurt occasionally.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm a PA student, graduating in December (I hope). I have a long history as a patient including six unrelated surgeries, and a couple of other hos...More

Helpful Tips

It hurts! It jerks! My body's doing something...strange...
Every person with a neurological condition or disorder started out with a symptom that hurt, jerked (tremor or worse), or that just was ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 19 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.