Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

We answer all types of Neurology/Neurological questions about the brain, spinal cord, and peripheral nerves. Include your age, sex, current meds, and known diagnoses, upcoming/completed appointments, tests, or procedures. We are not physicians. We help explain medical terminology and give support.
misidentifying colors
philabuster posted:
When playing games online, I've noticed several instances of me looking at a color but having a different color name in my head. I'm not seeing the wrong color, just giving it the wrong name. I haven't noticed yet if there is a specific color or colors I'm mixing up. I only know it happens enough that I felt like I needed to get some info. Any ideas?

lifes responded:
The brain is certainly a mystery sometimes! Have you ever seen the email with a paragraph using colored text on the words, like Green, Blue, Black---except, the word Green is in RED, Blue is in HOT PINK, etc? What reading that text shows is that even though we all "know our colors", our brains can be easily confused by the illusion between word-colors and colors, even after we read that email before and know the point of the message.

So I would probably chock this up to a simple brain-eye confusion. However, you might mention this to your doc or eye doctor, just to reassure yourself.

Lifes

Helpful Tips

Preparing for Your Neurology Appointment - Exam Part 1
You've waited weeks, or months, to get an appointment to see a neurologist. You're upset, nervous, maybe scared. You don't know what to ... More
Was this Helpful?
18 of 31 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.