Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

We answer all types of Neurology/Neurological questions about the brain, spinal cord, and peripheral nerves. Include your age, sex, current meds, and known diagnoses, upcoming/completed appointments, tests, or procedures. We are not physicians. We help explain medical terminology and give support.
Concussion..need some help?
agirl2013 posted:
A week ago I hit the top of my head pretty hard. On the top of my right side of my head. It did not knock me out but when I got home I was very loopy, had trouble remembering anything and I had some balance issues. Since then I have the same symptoms. I am kinda dizzy/nauseous, Like I am car sick. It is made worse with certain things, like loud music, watching too much TV or being on the computer. Also I have had a constant headache. If I lay on my left side my right arm will fall asleep and today my head has been hurting around the right side of my face near my eye. I also am still having trouble with short term memory. Driving is also hard. Everything seems hard. I have been resting as much as possible. I do not have good insurance. If I just need rest and this will go away than good but when do I need to start being concerned? Should these symptoms still be here?

lifes responded:
A head injury always needs evaluated, even without symptoms. It needs evaluated even more if you're having symptoms.

Most USA Emergency Rooms have programs for people with no insurance or who lack funds. Make sure to ask about this.

Note: You shouldn't be driving if driving is "hard" to do.

Please call a doctor or visit an E.R.

Lifes

Helpful Tips

Preparing for Your Neurology Appointment - Exam Part 1
You've waited weeks, or months, to get an appointment to see a neurologist. You're upset, nervous, maybe scared. You don't know what to ... More
Was this Helpful?
18 of 31 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.