Skip to content


We answer all types of Neurology/Neurological questions about the brain, spinal cord, and peripheral nerves. Include your age, sex, current meds, and known diagnoses, upcoming/completed appointments, tests, or procedures. We are not physicians. We help explain medical terminology and give support.
Cerebral Atrophy in infant
Ang811 posted:
My neice has been diagnosed with Cerebral Atrophy and has developemental delays. I have copies of her MRI and Official report, but need someone to explain it to me and help me find treatment for her. She is 18 months old.
Please let me know if you can help.
susiemargaret responded:
hello, A --

i am so sorry about your niece. i'm sure that you and her parents are very distressed.

cerebral atrophy is not a disease per se (see PS1); it is a component of several different diseases (PS2), most of which are associated with dementia, difficulties in language comprehension or expression, and seizures. do you know what your niece's primary diagnosis is?

if you will write back with a few more details, i'll try to find out more explicit info for you. in the meantime, i send caring thoughts to you and your family.

-- susie margaret

PS1 -- i am not a medical person, and i welcome, solicit, and indeed beg for correction, amendment, or replacement of any inaccuracies in this post.

PS2 -- a concise discussion of cerebral atrophy is at .
what good is gold, or silver too, if your heart's not good and true -- hank williams, sr.
Lifes responded:
Type out what the reports conclude (impressions) and we'll see if we can help you.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a 41 year old female and have been out of work since 11/2010 due to my heart and cervical spodlosis, and 4 hernicated disc 2 buldging 1 in my nec...More

Helpful Tips

Preparing for Your Neurology Appointment - Exam Part 1
You've waited weeks, or months, to get an appointment to see a neurologist. You're upset, nervous, maybe scared. You don't know what to ... More
Was this Helpful?
18 of 31 found this helpful

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.