Skip to content
Culturelle for colic?
Jessica22738 posted:
Our peditrician told me to give our DS culturelle mixed with one of his daily gripe water doses for his colic. Has anyone tried culturelle for colic and if so, did it help?

AMCMSM2 responded:
Lurking..............we used Lactobacillus reuteri it is the same basic thing. It will help them build up good bacteria in their guts. It will develop over time this just helps it develop faster. This is a good article pediatrics.aappublications.org/cgi/content/full/119/1/e124 Studies have shown it helps and I did notice a large difference in Shelby. We used this www.healthy.co.nz/view-product-1460.html it is a powder and I could mix it in pumped milk. GL

Featuring Experts

Dr. Dan Brennan is a Board Certified Pediatrician and Certified Lactation Counselor. He is a graduate of UCLA, Albany Medical College and completed ...More

Helpful Tips

Community Abbreviation Guide
Everyone needs a cheat sheet when they first join the Pregnancy/Parenting Communities! Don't worry, I felt intimidated and confused with ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 5 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.