Skip to content
Baby Care Giveaway!
Caprice_WebMD_Staff posted:
Your baby is on his/her way or you?re already a new parent! And that means needing a lot of baby care products to take care of your little one. Which products are best? WebMD the Magazine has put together a gift package of baby care products for NINE lucky members. Post in this thread by the end of the day on Friday, August 28th and YOU could win! ?all just for posting and sharing your opinion! Respond here with the answer the following questions to enter: 1) What is your favorite baby care product? It can be one you already use, or one you?d like to try.2) How do you think baby products have changed since you were a baby?3) Are there baby care products you thought you would never use that you find yourself now using or recommended as a ?must-have? by your friends? Give your friends this link: (http://boards.webmd.com/webx?THDX@@.89e3a3a7!thdchild=.89e3a3a7) and encourage them to enter, too! If you?d like to know more about WebMD the Magazine, or would like to subscribe, just click HERE. Disclaimer: We?re sorry, but this drawing is open only to those members who are 18 years or older. Winners will be picked at random from all entries made to this thread between August 24 and August 28, 2009. No purchase necessary; void where prohibited. Winners of the gift baskets will be announced on this board, so keep watching once you?ve entered!
FirstPrevious12NextLast

cruise_control responded:
1) What is your favorite baby care product? It can be one you already use, or one you?d like to try. So far my favorite baby care product is mommy minder bracelet. With a zillion things going on, I dont need to forget when the baby last ate. Another baby care product that is my favorite is the diaper caddy that you can carry from room to room...very convenient. 2) How do you think baby products have changed since you were a baby? I think baby products have changed by making things more simple and helpful for moms. Its funny that many of the products that I have purchased for my child, my mom or older relatives tend to laugh and say "they didnt have this or that around when we were having kids." I think baby products are a little bit more pricer than since I were a baby. 3) Are there baby care products you thought you would never use that you find yourself now using or recommended as a ?must-have? by your friends? Baby sling/wrap...very convenient. Also, a wipe warmer especially for those middle of the night diaper changes, I have noticed a difference when using a cold wipe vs. a warmed wipe, sometimes my baby will remain sleep during the diaper changes when its warm.

hsd1980 responded:
1) What is your favorite baby care product? It can be one you already use, or one you?d like to try. Aquaphor, heals any bump, scratch, cut extremely quickly 2) How do you think baby products have changed since you were a baby? Tremendous variety, from fragance-free, all-natural, non-allergnic, organic to mainstream brands. There is information on how to make products at home. Dozens of vitamins, supplements and formulas. Cloth and disposable and in-between diaper options in numerous brands and styles. All kinds of electronic toys and still some of the most basic from years ago. Car seats, strollers and other similar devices in any style, price-level you can imagine! 3) Are there baby care products you thought you would never use that you find yourself now using or recommended as a ?must-have? by your friends? Mostly the Aquaphor, b/c I typically choose natural products, but this works so great I haven't found a natural product that gives me those results.

tamliz08 responded:
1) What is your favorite baby care product? Aquaphor! It will take care of just about anything... even daddy's new tattoo... 2) How do you think baby products have changed since you were a baby? There is so much variety! There are especially a lot of products that focus on being healthy for us and the environment (bpa free, fragrance free, organic, recycled, etc.) 3) Are there baby care products you thought you would never use that you find yourself now using or recommended as a ?must-have? by your friends? Cheapy diapers. I figured I would always use the big name brand items, but I actually try to save money everywhere I can.

jeniece125 responded:
1) What is your favorite baby care product? It can be one you already use, or one you?d like to try. I would have to say that my favorite baby care product right now is the butt paste. My baby had a small case of diaper rash and the butt paste seemed to clear it rather quickly which was nice for me and baby. 2) How do you think baby products have changed since you were a baby? I think that there is a much bigger selection from when I was a baby. Like PP said, the products now are better for us, such as BPA free, lead free, organic, etc. Also products like swings and bouncers (the electrical toys) are way more advanced, no more cranking swings that have no music ha ha 3) Are there baby care products you thought you would never use that you find yourself now using or recommended as a ?must-have? by your friends? I didn't think I would ever use the butt paste... I thought it was a joke until a friend said how well it worked and gave me some as a gift at my baby shower. Who knew something with a silly name would work so good for my baby... I never would have guessed :)

kris_star responded:
1) What is your favorite baby care product? It can be one you already use, or one you?d like to try. Aveeno baby lotion. It's fragrance free and moisturizes my babies so well. 2) How do you think baby products have changed since you were a baby? There are so many choices- fragrances, natural products, etc. I also think things have improved, like diposable diapers. 3) Are there baby care products you thought you would never use that you find yourself now using or recommended as a ?must-have? by your friends? Vasoline. My friend told me it worked better than any baby butt cream. I didn't believe it unitl I tried it., it worked so much better than anything else I used.

KL24 responded:
1) What is your favorite baby care product? It can be one you already use, or one you?d like to try. Anything from Aveeno, my daughter was allergic to the scent in Johnson's baby products--who would have thought? 2) How do you think baby products have changed since you were a baby? I think there are just so many choices for everything, so more variety. 3) Are there baby care products you thought you would never use that you find yourself now using or recommended as a ?must-have? by your friends? Teething tablets! I never knew about them, but I tell all my friends they are a must have for baby.

laura6003 responded:
1) What is your favorite baby care product? My favorite is Penaten Cream. 2) How do you think baby products have changed since you were a baby? I think that there have been some improvements in products like diapers etc, however, all the products that I use ex; Penaten Cream, Gripe water, Oval etc. were all products that were used on me and seem to stand strong and true after all these years. 3) Are there baby care products you thought you would never use that you find yourself now using or recommended as a ?must-have? by your friends? I have tried Zincofax that was recommended to me by a friend and it seemed to be okay. The other one was Gerber baby wash, that after every product that I have tried, seem to be the most gentle on my baby's skin.

vetteness responded:
1) What is your favorite baby care product? It can be one you already use, or one you?d like to try. aveeno rash cream 2) How do you think baby products have changed since you were a baby? More earth friendly, Organic 3) Are there baby care products you thought you would never use that you find yourself now using or recommended as a ?must-have? by your friends? baby sling........AMAZING!

wifeyintraining responded:
1) What is your favorite baby care product? It can be one you already use, or one you?d like to try. I loved pampers swadlers diapers while my LO could fit into them! Now he's too big! 2) How do you think baby products have changed since you were a baby? They've become way more convenient for the parents and a lot more comfortable for the baby! Strollers have so much cushy padding now that they didn't when i was a baby, and even come equipped with cupholders! 3) Are there baby care products you thought you would never use that you find yourself now using or recommended as a ?must-have? by your friends? I didn't think i would like the playtex drop in bottles but the nursers are awesome and DS loves them. The nipples seem to be perfectly shaped for breastfed babies. Also, i picked up a pregnancy pillow (i think it was called a snuggly or something) and i have MORE than gotten my money's worth out of it. I couldn't sleep without it when i was preggo... even using it to lay on my tummy (made it into a donut shape) and now i use it kind of like a boppy by wrapping it around me to breastfeed. I can also fold it into a donut shape and place DS in it like his own comfy bed... and he loves it!

manoloblanikgrl responded:
1) What is your favorite baby care product? It can be one you already use, or one you?d like to try. I really like Johnsons baby lotion....it just smells soooooo good. 2) How do you think baby products have changed since you were a baby? I think there are more things out there. Some are organic, some are scented differently, some do things...Its crazy. My mom keeps telling me how simple things were when I was a baby. 3) Are there baby care products you thought you would never use that you find yourself now using or recommended as a ?must-have? by your friends?Well...it's not really a care product...but the boppy pillow. My kiddo loves it and it makes life easier in general...and it makes my back hurt much less.

Leili0620 responded:
1. What is your favorite baby care product? Definitly the Boppy Pillow, I don't know where i would be without it. Natural Wonders. All of their products. Their excema cream has really helped my baby with her excema on her face and body. Definitly the Boppy Pillow, I don't know where i would be without it. 2. How do you think baby products have changed since you were a baby? They didn't have the BOPPY PILLOW!! 3) Are there baby care products you thought you would never use that you find yourself now using or recommended as a ?must-have? by your friends? The BOPPY PILLOW. At first i thought what can i do with a half shaped donut! Oh was i wrong, it does miracles. It helps me nurse, its helps baby when shes on her tummy, she loves to sleep in it because she thinks she is still being held. It is just a wonderful invention.

bcfrost816 responded:
1) What is your favorite baby care product? It can be one you already use, or one you?d like to try. - I think my favortie baby care product is probably the Johnsons bedtime bath soap and lotion, the lavender scent that is supposed to help with a good nights sleep. It smells soooooo good!!! I use the lotion to give my baby a nice massage after bath and before bed, and I think its a special bonding time between us and I love this product! 2) How do you think baby products have changed since you were a baby? - Oh my gosh, so much!!! I know my mom is always saying "we never had that when you were a baby", lol! Definitely there are much more products out there that make things alot easier and also alot of things that aren't really needed. But us first time mommy's are suckers!! 3) Are there baby care products you thought you would never use that you find yourself now using or recommended as a ?must-have? by your friends? - Oh yes, we use a sound machine for our baby, and it is buy far the best thing we ever bought!!!! As soon as she hears it, she knows its nap time or bed time, and it helps to keep out all kinds of noises. We live in a new development and they have been building houses all around us, and it has never woken her up from a nap!!

TaylarsMom responded:
1) What is your favorite baby care product? It can be one you already use, or one you?d like to try. My favorite baby care product is Johnsons and Johnsons baby lotion, LOVE the smell on my LO! 2) How do you think baby products have changed since you were a baby? They have changed in so many ways! When I was a baby there weren't anything to help colic and everyone used cloth diapers! I know people still use cloth diapers but the throw away ones are much better improved than when they first came out. 3) Are there baby care products you thought you would never use that you find yourself now using or recommended as a ?must-have? by your friends? a formula dispenser for the diaper bag. I thought I would carry a seperate thing of formula for the diaper bag... well this cool dispenser that keeps 3 seperate formula amounts is wonderful!!! It is so handy and if you have to leave your LO with someone you don't have to explain how to mix a bottle you just say poor one part into the bottle. How easy is that????!!!!

oceanside87 responded:
1. I love Johnson's "extra soft" baby lotion. It smells and feels wonderful and makes every baby feel even softer for cuddling! :grin: 2. Baby products are a lot different. There is more variety. Products now appeal to all types of babies. For example, a baby who has allergies or sensitive skin or dry skin, etc. And now that you have an option to buy organic or all -natural, you can feel at ease knowing that your child or the babies in your family are healthier than if they had used the regular chemically processed products. 3. My friend recommended trying the "Night Time" Sleep lotion. It has some sort of lavender and other extracts in it that make the baby sleepy and relaxed. It also smells divine!

Featuring Experts

Dr. Dan Brennan is a Board Certified Pediatrician and Certified Lactation Counselor. He is a graduate of UCLA, Albany Medical College and completed ...More

Helpful Tips

anemia scare
my 16 month old daughter just got some blood work done and the results came back and showed she was anemic. We are very concerned, scared, ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 8 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.