Skip to content
Fun Survey
lkevans posted:
How about a survey to get to know about you and LO's:

What is you LO name?

How old today are they?

C-section or VBirth?

How long was labor all together?

If applies- How much did Lo weigh at 1 month apt? 2 month?

How long does LO sleep at night before waking?

Formula fed or BF?

Does LO like swing or bouncer or be carried best?

Any scary situations happen?

Giving LO pacifier or no?

Has LO smiled yet? If so, did you just melt?

Does daddy help out a lot, a little, or none with diapers, sleeping, feeding?

lprice76 responded:
What is you LO name? Leah

How old today are they? 9 weeks and 5 days

C-section or VBirth? C Section

How long was labor all together? 15 hours (not including overnight cervidal)

If applies- How much did Lo weigh at 1 month apt? 2 month? 2 month - 12lbs 3 oz

How long does LO sleep at night before waking? 9 hours

Formula fed or BF? FF

Does LO like swing or bouncer or be carried best? she has a 20 minute attention span with everything...likes to be held the most

Any scary situations happen? i bonked her head on a light fixture

Giving LO pacifier or no? yup

Has LO smiled yet? If so, did you just melt? yes and yes

Does daddy help out a lot, a little, or none with diapers, sleeping, feeding? hmmm...no help with diapers and feeding (does getting the bottle count?), does help her fall asleep and TOTALLY entertains her all day long with his funny self

lkevans responded:
What is you LO name? Trinity Rose

How old today are they? 1 month 2 days

C-section or VBirth? c section

How long was labor all together? 26 hours laboring then csection

If applies- How much did Lo weigh at 1 month apt? 2 month? 1mo 10lbs 12oz

How long does LO sleep at night before waking? 3 hours then wakes

Formula fed or BF? formula fed gentleease kind

Does LO like swing or bouncer or be carried best? carried best only others when sleeping

Any scary situations happen? no thank god

Giving LO pacifier or no? ys but she doesnt like it that much

Has LO smiled yet? If so, did you just melt? yes shes cute, she giggles in her sleep lol

Does daddy help out a lot, a little, or none with diapers, sleeping, feeding? dad does good with diapers, gets up at the last wake up usually around 3-5am which helps and does feedings but when im around he leans towards me to do it which is a bit annoying

--

cmanfore responded:
What is you LO name? Alyssa

How old today are they? 2 Weeks 2 Days

C-section or VBirth? Vaginal

How long was labor all together? A little under 12 hours

If applies- How much did Lo weigh at 1 month apt? 2 month? Haven't hit those marks but since birth she has gained 1lb 2oz

How long does LO sleep at night before waking? 3-4 hours

Formula fed or BF? Formula

Does LO like swing or bouncer or be carried best? Swing and being carried- thanks to her grandma spending 1 1/2 weeks with us without ever putting her down!!!!!

Any scary situations happen? No, she had jaundice 1 day after being born which scared me but she is completely fine.

Giving LO pacifier or no? Nope

Has LO smiled yet? If so, did you just melt? She smiles when she farts and is sleepy/sleeps- but its still sooo cute!

Does daddy help out a lot, a little, or none with diapers, sleeping, feeding? He helps when I ask, I wish he'd just do it especially at night but he is still an amazing daddy.

--

Courtney(19) Andrew(24) Alyssa Rayne(10/5/09) 6lbs 8oz 19 3/4in

bridgettecoldwell responded:
What is you LO name? Hunter Blake

How old today are they? 1 month and 2 weeks

C-section or VBirth? C-section

How long was labor all together? no labor

If applies- How much did Lo weigh at 1 month apt? 2 month? 1 month 10 lbs 4.25 oz

How long does LO sleep at night before waking? 6 or 7 hours

Formula fed or BF? FF

Does LO like swing or bouncer or be carried best? bouncer or to be held

Any scary situations happen? nope none

Giving LO pacifier or no? yes

Has LO smiled yet? If so, did you just melt? yes and its so cute!!!

Does daddy help out a lot, a little, or none with diapers, sleeping, feeding? He does we take turns feeding him and everything.

LuvMyLiLPeanut responded:
What is you LO name? Aubrey Alexis

How old today are they? 2 months and 1 week

C-section or VBirth? natural vaginal birth

How long was labor all together? 4 hours of active labor !! I had contractions all the day before I had her but from start to finish of consistent contractions to birth it was 4 hours

If applies- How much did Lo weigh at 1 month apt? 2 month? ~ Aubrey weighed 12 lbs 13 oz at her 2 month appt! can't remember the 1month appt, but she was a chunky monkey then too LOL

How long does LO sleep at night before waking? She sleeps from 10pm-6 Am and doesn't wake up once!! Sooooo lucky

Formula fed or BF? BF and FF at night

Does LO like swing or bouncer or be carried best? She LOVES her swing, but she also loves to be carried around in her carrier so she can see everything!

Any scary situations happen? No thank GOD!! And I hope and pray they never do.....

Giving LO pacifier or no? YUP! she loves her binky

Has LO smiled yet? If so, did you just melt? She smiles all the time and it makes me melt everytime she does it!

Does daddy help out a lot, a little, or none with diapers, sleeping, feeding? - omigosh, I don't know what I would do without DH... he is amazing!! He changes diapers, feeds her, puts her to bed, washes clothes and bottles and gets her in the morning on weekends so that Mommy can sleep in I absolutely love this man~ he is a wonderful husband and father !!!

modd0709 responded:

What is you LO name? I actually have two DD's but the one who pertains to this to this board is Olivia

How old today are they? She will be 11 weeks tomorrow!

C-section or VBirth? V birth

How long was labor all together? Got my first painful contraction at 11:30 p.m on August 5th and she was born at 7:06 a.m on August 6th

If applies- How much did Lo weigh at 1 month apt? 2 month? she was 10 lbs 5 oz at one month appt and 11 lbs 2 oz at 2 month appt

How long does LO sleep at night before waking? I wake her at 11 pm for a feeding and she usually wakes up around 6 am

Formula fed or BF? BF

Does LO like swing or bouncer or be carried best? Carried, she looooves to be held

Any scary situations happen? knock on wood, no

Giving LO pacifier or no? Definitely, we would be lost without the bink

Has LO smiled yet? If so, did you just melt? She smiles, talks and is Almost laughing. It melts my heart every time

Does daddy help out a lot, a little, or none with diapers, sleeping, feeding? Daddy helps out a lot with DD1. If he holds DD while Im trying to do something she just screams, she is bfed so he only feeds her if neccassary and he is dead to the world while sleeping so no help with that

rockinmama18 responded:
What is you LO name? Samuel Reece

How old today are they? 3.5 months

How long was labor all together? Water broke about 7:30 Sunday night and he was born Monday at 3:38 pm.... sooooo about 20 hours!!!

If applies- How much did Lo weigh at 1 month apt? 2 month? 2 month- 12lbs 13 oz

How long does LO sleep at night before waking? On a good night, bedtime at 10:30 and wake up call at 6:30.

Formula fed or BF? BF with supplements of formula when I need a break.

Does LO like swing or bouncer or be carried best? Loves his swing, like the bouncer for a short time but likes to be carried the best.

Any scary situations happen? He has choked a few times on vomit that was pretty scary and had colic in the beginning and thought we were all going to fall apart and he is lactose intollerent and has eczema. My high maintenance big boy.

Giving LO pacifier or no? Yes, but he is starting to spit it out more and more.

Has LO smiled yet? If so, did you just melt? Yes. Yes.

Does daddy help out a lot, a little, or none with diapers, sleeping, feeding? Daddy was not much help at ALL the first month or so, but now he is alot better. He plays with him, holds him, bathes him, feeds occasionally (but I BF and pumping is a joke) does diapers, he does it all. He's a great daddy now.

mommyofmkz responded:
What is you LO name? Zadon Robert Pyle

How old today are they? He will be 3 months on the 27th

C-section or VBirth? C section

How long was labor all together?

If applies- How much did Lo weigh at 1 month apt? 2 month? 1 month not sure but 2 months he was 14lbs even

How long does LO sleep at night before waking? He goes to bed between 8 and 9 and sleeps until about 5-6 (usually)

Formula fed or BF? Formula

Does LO like swing or bouncer or be carried best? he actually loves to sit up in the corner of the couch.

Any scary situations happen? When he was first born his heart rate was way too fast and he was kept in the nursery for a long time before i got to see him.

Giving LO pacifier or no? He doesn't really want it

Has LO smiled yet? If so, did you just melt? Oh yes he smiles all the time.

Does daddy help out a lot, a little, or none with diapers, sleeping, feeding? Daddy works from 8am-5pm so it's mommy all day but he's taking care of him right now actually. He helps out when he's here!!

jesabelle responded:
Tyson

8 weeks yesterday

Vag

About 10 hours from when I started timing contractions

2 month appt is next week

He was going about 6 hours but the last two nights it's only been four and then he's been super restless the rest of the night. Mommy can't take much more.

He has a short attention span. I can usually get dinner started while he's in his bouncer. I consider myself very lucky if he'll take a 45 minute nap in the swing which he likes.

My dog still scares me sometimes when she is around him. She's just so big and clumsy it makes me nervous. Ty is never left alone around her though unless he is out of reach - in his bouncer on the counter or in his crib.

Pacifier - Yes

He's finally starting to smile! It's just amazing! So yes I melt.

Dad tries to help. They have "daddy time" in the evenings when he gets home and he helps more on the weekends when he's home.

IslandGirl58 responded:

What is you LO name? Nathan Christopher

How old today are they? 12 weeks

C-section or VBirth? Vaginal--with no drugs and NOT by choice!!

How long was labor all together? From water breaking to delivery it was 4 hours--a total whirwind!!

If applies- How much did Lo weigh at 1 month apt? 2 month? 1month:8lbs5oz 2month:10lbs8oz

How long does LO sleep at night before waking? Generally he'll go down around 8-9pm, I'll wake him before we go to bed, around 10-11 to eat, and then he'll sleep until about 4ish, so about 5 hours total.

Formula fed or BF? Exclusively BF since birth, which I'm proud of because I tried with DD and had SO much milk and she had to switch to formula at 3 months so I'm happy he likes his Mama's milk!!

Does LO like swing or bouncer or be carried best? He generally likes to be carried, he's a cuddly boy, but he will take naps in his swing (which is also his bouncy seat) in the morning and sometimes he's good there during the day too if he's in a good mood. He also loves the front carrier, he likes to be snuggly.

Any scary situations happen? Thankfully no, aside from birth--his cord was wrapped around his neck twice and he didn't cry for the first couple of minutes. It took me that long to realize he wasn't crying because I was recovering from the shock of delivering without my epi!! He turned out fine though!

Giving LO pacifier or no? Yup. He's not a HUGE fan of it, it took him awhile to get the hang of it, but he'll take it. He tends to let it drop too often though and I hate constantly sticking it back in! He's discovering his thumb lately too...not sure how i feel about that....

Has LO smiled yet? If so, did you just melt? Yes he smiles ALL the time!! So different than his sister was--she took forever to smile, she was about 10 or 12 weeks and she was stingy with them!! He is the happiest, most smiley baby I've ever seen!!

Does daddy help out a lot, a little, or none with diapers, sleeping, feeding? Daddy is AMAZING! I'm a SAHM now and DH works, but he takes both kids as soon as he gets home. We trade off every other diaper change, we take turns giving baths, he'll carry DS around in the front carrier if he's fussy and we're doing things, he'll carry him in the carrier when we go grocery shopping,a nd for feeding he takes the overnight feedings with a bottle, and usually at least one more on the weekends. He's wonderful, and was with DD too. I'm a lucky girl!

jsrobs1979 responded:
What is you LO name? Bristen Grace

How old today are they? 3.5 months

How long was labor all together? 4.5 hours from start of induction

If applies- How much did Lo weigh at 1 month apt? 2 month? 11 lbs. 4 oz. at 2 months, 15 at 3 months

How long does LO sleep at night before waking? Sleeps all night

Formula fed or BF? FF

Does LO like swing or bouncer or be carried best? Mainly carried, but she does like her swing, and starting to like her Exersaucer in small amounts.

Any scary situations happen? One night she started screaming this high pitched scream, and was acting really lethargic. I was about 2 seconds away from taking her to work with me that night (at a hospital) when she snapped out of it. Don't know what it was?

Giving LO pacifier or no? I wish!!! Although she just recently started sucking on her thumb.

Has LO smiled yet? If so, did you just melt? Yes and yes!

Does daddy help out a lot, a little, or none with diapers, sleeping, feeding? He has to since I work nights. But as much as I complain about what a bad husband he is, he really is a good Daddy.

jbiehl responded:

What is you LO name? Caydnce

How old today are they? 10wks

How long was labor all together? was no labor went for a check up & was to far dialated

If applies- How much did Lo weigh at 1 month apt? 2 month? 2 month she was 13lbs 4 oz

How long does LO sleep at night before waking? about 7-8

Formula fed or BF? FF

Does LO like swing or bouncer or be carried best? she likes them all just not very long at a time but probably carried more but facing out ward

Any scary situations happen? well kinda when she was born her hands & feet were purple i was like wth

Giving LO pacifier or no? yes

Has LO smiled yet? If so, did you just melt? yes & yes

Does daddy help out a lot, a little, or none with diapers, sleeping, feeding? yea i wish i guess i wasnt allowed to have kids with a guy who was gonna b the best daddy..my other kids dad didnt do anything either....granted he does work all day but u would think he would come home & just do everything with her but NO.. example last nite & nite b4 he held her for maybe 30 mins both nights...

loribaby21 responded:

What is you LO name? Abby

How old today are they? 9 1/2 weeks

How long was labor all together? um in the operating room maybe 30 minutes lol but no labor

If applies- How much did Lo weigh at 1 month apt? 2 month? 2 month 9lbs 11oz

How long does LO sleep at night before waking? 5-7 hours

Formula fed or BF? FF

Does LO like swing or bouncer or be carried best? swing is her favorite next to being held but even that only lasts maybe 15 minutes before she gets bored...

Any scary situations happen? i feel horrible admitting this but she rolled off of me onto the floor off our bed at about 5 weeks...it had been a very long, exhausting, fussy night with her and i had fallen asleep sitting up in bed feeding her...unfortunately i was sitting too close tot he edge of the bed and she did one of her jumping things where she startles herself awake and she rolled right off of my lap...it was the scariest thing ever and i still feel really really horrible about it even though she's perfectly fine. it scared me way more than it did her and our bed is very close to the ground so it wasn't that far of a fall but omg i felt and still feel like the most horrible mother ever having had that happen

Giving LO pacifier or no? sometimes...she's not real big on them

Has LO smiled yet? If so, did you just melt? yes only half smiles though & yes!!!

Does daddy help out a lot, a little, or none with diapers, sleeping, feeding? he helps out a little...changes a few diapers and feeds her occassionally

peachyga responded:
What is you LO name? Alec

How old today are they? 8 weeks to the date!

C-section or VBirth? V

How long was labor all together? PTL since 26 wks, the "real" active labor in the hossy was 8 hours

If applies- How much did Lo weigh at 1 month apt? 2 month? 7 lbs 12 oz at birth, 9 lbs 13 oz at 1 mos, we think he's about 11+ now

How long does LO sleep at night before waking? 3-4 hrs at the VERY most

Formula fed or BF? BF

Does LO like swing or bouncer or be carried best? Mama-carry

Any scary situations happen? No, thank goodness

Giving LO pacifier or no? I try, but he hates it

Has LO smiled yet? If so, did you just melt? Yes!

Does daddy help out a lot, a little, or none with diapers, sleeping, feeding? Let's say he's changed maybe 5 diapers in the entire time

Featuring Experts

Dr. Dan Brennan is a Board Certified Pediatrician and Certified Lactation Counselor. He is a graduate of UCLA, Albany Medical College and completed ...More

Helpful Tips

Updated Crib Safety GuidelinesExpert
For information on the latest federal crib safety standards, here is a link to important points for parents to be aware of! ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 5 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.