Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
NO TEETH
yanuaia posted:
MY 11 MONTH OLD SON IS GOING TO BE ONE YEAR OLD IN JULY 9TH AND HAS NO TEETH YET. WHAT SHOULD I DO

elegi23 responded:
Nothing! They will come when they want. My DD will be a year 7/23, and she has 1 tooth on the top poking thru just a little. The doctor says all it means is that when everyone else starts losing their baby teeth in 1st grade, she "might" not lose her 1st tooth till 2nd or 3rd grade. But, the dr said that's not always true either. All babies are different.

emily8091457 responded:
There's nothing to do but wait. They'll come. My DD#1 didn't get her first tooth until she was 14 months old!!! She's been slow to get them all. She is now almost 27 months old and we're still waiting for her four eye teeth and back molars to come in. :) She always did fine chewing even with no teeth.

Dan Brennan, MD replied to emily8091457's response:
Generally we wait until 14 months for the first tooth eruption. After 14 months, I would recommend consulting with a reputable pediatric dentist.

MarineWife12307 responded:
I have 10 month old twin boys. and they have just about 6 teeth with atleast another if not two more coming in. The older one Jayson seems to be behind the second Jayden. Im not sure why but Jayden does more things then Jayson. But your son will get teeth sooner or later. My friends daughter was born 10 weeks early and will be 10 month on 6/25 and still doesnt have any teeth. so if he was born early that could be another reason. except in my case where the twins were 5 weeks early and got teeth prob. like 2 or 3 months ago.

Featuring Experts

Dr. Dan Brennan is a Board Certified Pediatrician and Certified Lactation Counselor. He is a graduate of UCLA, Albany Medical College and completed ...More

Helpful Tips

anemia scare
my 16 month old daughter just got some blood work done and the results came back and showed she was anemic. We are very concerned, scared, ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 8 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.