Skip to content
One year old
lynettesalter posted:
My daughter turns one in two weeks. Is it normal to feel sad?

eliz1497 responded:
I would say so, but I don't know how sad you are talking about. I mean, my son will be 7 months on July 1st, and sometimes I think about how fast he is growing and how I miss my little teeny newborn baby, but then I get excited thinking about all the new experiences that are still to come. So I would say just try to focus on the positives and think about all the things you will be able to do with her in the coming years.

lenono97 responded:
It depends on what you mean by "sad" and what feelings you are having. If you are "sad" and it's affecting your day-to-day functioning, can't get out of bed, cry for no reason, can't care for your child, don't feel like leaving the house or being around other people, then no, that is not exactly normal. If this is how you are feeling I would strongly encourage you to talk with your MD about your feelings or seek some other type of support. If you are just sad because she is growing up, then yes, that's normal. It's amazing how fast they grow but it seems like there is always something new to look forward to no matter what the age.

Featuring Experts

Dr. Dan Brennan is a Board Certified Pediatrician and Certified Lactation Counselor. He is a graduate of UCLA, Albany Medical College and completed ...More

Helpful Tips

anemia scare
my 16 month old daughter just got some blood work done and the results came back and showed she was anemic. We are very concerned, scared, ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 8 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.