Skip to content
ate carpet padding!
oceanchelle11 posted:
I was feeding my 9 month old a bottle today but he wouldn't take it. And that never happens. I couldn't figure out what was wrong, until I saw something sticking out of his mouth. A piece of carpet padding that we just bought! I took it out, and he started taking the bottle just fine. But I looked over to where he had gotten the padding from - and there were a few other pieces missing. And THEN I remembered seeing some red pieces of something in his diaper that morning and hadn't known what it was. He won't get any more of it - but in the meantime - is he in any danger?? Please answer ASAP - thank you!

lenono97 responded:
I really don't know. But my first instinct would be to call the pedi's office or a nurse hotline.

Lindseyam responded:
Eek, my baby just did the same thing. Took a big bite of left over carpet padding from our recent installation. I am worried. I know this post was a long time ago but was everything okay?

Featuring Experts

Dr. Dan Brennan is a Board Certified Pediatrician and Certified Lactation Counselor. He is a graduate of UCLA, Albany Medical College and completed ...More

Helpful Tips

Updated Crib Safety GuidelinesExpert
For information on the latest federal crib safety standards, here is a link to important points for parents to be aware of! ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 5 found this helpful