Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Noisy sleeper
oneluckymonkey posted:
My 5 week/almost 6 week old baby grunts and "growls" and makes lots of noise in her sleep. Sometimes I the noises are even what wakes her. Does anyone else have this problem or a solution? She's in her own room and I play soft music during her sleep.

lenono97 responded:
It's normal. She will grow out of it.

happymoe responded:
My LO sleeps in a crib in our room and keeps me awake a lot with her grunts and growls. She squirms and squeaks, and will even babble, but seems go to to sleep again. She's 8 1/2 weeks now, and I'm hoping she grows out of it. I read somewhere that babies have more REM sleep and it's a lighter sleep, but young children sleep deeper like adults.

ClosetRocker responded:
Man, I'm with you! My LO is 11 weeks and she is the most restless sleeper ever! She kicks grunts, whines, growls and whatever the hell else you can think of lol. If you find a way to ease if let me know lol.

Featuring Experts

Dr. Dan Brennan is a Board Certified Pediatrician and Certified Lactation Counselor. He is a graduate of UCLA, Albany Medical College and completed ...More

Helpful Tips

Updated Crib Safety GuidelinesExpert
For information on the latest federal crib safety standards, here is a link to important points for parents to be aware of! ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 5 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.