Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
Indent of 2 month olds head
victoriadesire posted:
Hi, Im a first time mom to a gorgeous 2 month old little girl. She was born with a vertical indent on the left side of her head. Its the size of my pointer finger, and now it seems like its more noticeable. I dont know if its really something I should worry about or if I should just except it as something normal and will go away on its own.

Jennifer Shu, MD responded:
Congratulations on your new baby, and thanks for posting! Sometimes the bones of the skull can overlap in the first few months and cause what looks like an indentation. The head will start to smooth out as the baby grows. Your pediatrician can check out her head and let you know if anything needs to be done so be sure to bring it up at your next visit or call the office to see if she needs to be seen sooner. Good luck!

Featuring Experts

Dr. Dan Brennan is a Board Certified Pediatrician and Certified Lactation Counselor. He is a graduate of UCLA, Albany Medical College and completed ...More

Helpful Tips

Crib Safety Tips
CRIB SAFETY TIPS if you have a used crib or are considering buying one: Make sure it has no corner posts. older infants can catch ... More
Was this Helpful?
11 of 23 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.