Skip to content
Ten month old gags herself.
cjthompson79 posted:
My ten month old gags herself. She does it at odd times so I cannot pinpoint a reason as to why. Before/after meals, at play time and just random. Sometimes she does it to the point of vomiting. Is this for attention or is there something wrong that needs her doctors attention?
Thank You!

tothebeach4 responded:
I think she's probably fine. I doubt that babies consciously decide to gag themselves. My son is almost 9 months old and does the exact same thing. I don't think he realizes that when you try to stick your entire hand down your throat that it makes you gag, LOL!! I think it's just part of the learning process... putting 2 and 2 together... eventually it will click in their brains and they'll realize what they're doing and then it will stop.

Hope that helps!

cjthompson79 replied to tothebeach4's response:
Thanks, it is refreshing to know someone else is going through the same thing! I will just roll with this one I think. Then speak to her pediatrician at the one year appointment. Have a great day!!

j9ween2 responded:
my son did this around 10 months. I believe he did it for attention. We just cleaned it up quietly and gave as little reaction as possible
Janine (Tyler -5, Bella -3, and Giana -6 months)

Featuring Experts

Dr. Dan Brennan is a Board Certified Pediatrician and Certified Lactation Counselor. He is a graduate of UCLA, Albany Medical College and completed ...More

Helpful Tips

Updated Crib Safety GuidelinesExpert
For information on the latest federal crib safety standards, here is a link to important points for parents to be aware of! ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 5 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.