Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Includes Expert Content
hello
turon360 posted:
hi my baby boy is 51/2 months and has a red swollen penis out the blue. Now here's what happen i gave him a bath like normal and applied his lotion like every day as normal, then after a hour i change his diaper and his penis is red and swollen, what do i do and is this normal?

j9ween2 responded:
how is it now? maybe one of your hairs got wrapped around it?
Janine (Tyler -5, Bella -3, and Giana -9 months born 8 weeks early)

Dan Brennan, MD responded:
That sounds so uncomfortable :( There could be several reasons including an infection, contact irritation from soap or lotion and as the previous posted alluded to - a hair tourniquet.

I'd recommend giving your doc a call and letting him/her take a look.

Hope that helps,

Dr. Dan

turon360 replied to j9ween2's response:
its getting better thanks for the tip

turon360 replied to Dan Brennan, MD's response:
well it was very uncomfortable for him even to touch it, but it did going away the next day. So it's weird how it just appeared out of no where, i never changed his soap or his lotions either, i also use the same brand of diapers too. but we are going to see the doc anyways but thank you for your response.

Featuring Experts

Dr. Dan Brennan is a Board Certified Pediatrician and Certified Lactation Counselor. He is a graduate of UCLA, Albany Medical College and completed ...More

Helpful Tips

anemia scare
my 16 month old daughter just got some blood work done and the results came back and showed she was anemic. We are very concerned, scared, ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 8 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.