Includes Expert Content
Questions regarding labinal adhesions in a two year old baby.
An_204564 posted:
My husband's daughter's little baby girl is just 2 yrs old. Her mom mu step daughter contacted me about her baby girl having a bobo down there. The babysaid, she said there is a adhesion and is grown over something and she is trying to explain to me, I'm really concerned she says it is normal and I have never heard of this... Anyway, she said she knew what it was.... But, I'm concerned, if little baby girl, says a boo boo and points down to her self, she's hurting... I'm so worried does anyone thinking what I'm afraid, She says it is caused by a diaper, well, I've had 3 girls, and now a 6 yr old son. and never had this. Can anyone enlighten me on this> I'm sorry but she sounds like someone has been touching her, and torn something. My husband and I am worried? She says it is a labinal adhesion, but what is this?

j9ween2 responded:
it's not normal but it is common. google labial adhesion. neither of my girls have had it but I've heard of a couple different ways to try to remedy this
Janine (Tyler -5, Bella -3, and Giana -9 months born 8 weeks early)

Jennifer Shu, MD responded:
Thanks for your post. Labial adhesions are fairly common and are usually not a cause for worry. They may occur if there has been a lot of irritation (for example from wet diapers) and can be treated with a special cream or petroleum jelly. You may want to check out this link for some information http://www.healthychildren.org/English/health-issues/conditions/genitourinary-tract/pages/Labial-Adhesions.aspx