Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
Questions regarding labinal adhesions in a two year old baby.
An_204564 posted:
My husband's daughter's little baby girl is just 2 yrs old. Her mom mu step daughter contacted me about her baby girl having a bobo down there. The babysaid, she said there is a adhesion and is grown over something and she is trying to explain to me, I'm really concerned she says it is normal and I have never heard of this... Anyway, she said she knew what it was.... But, I'm concerned, if little baby girl, says a boo boo and points down to her self, she's hurting... I'm so worried does anyone thinking what I'm afraid, She says it is caused by a diaper, well, I've had 3 girls, and now a 6 yr old son. and never had this. Can anyone enlighten me on this> I'm sorry but she sounds like someone has been touching her, and torn something. My husband and I am worried? She says it is a labinal adhesion, but what is this?

j9ween2 responded:
it's not normal but it is common. google labial adhesion. neither of my girls have had it but I've heard of a couple different ways to try to remedy this
Janine (Tyler -5, Bella -3, and Giana -9 months born 8 weeks early)

Jennifer Shu, MD responded:
Thanks for your post. Labial adhesions are fairly common and are usually not a cause for worry. They may occur if there has been a lot of irritation (for example from wet diapers) and can be treated with a special cream or petroleum jelly. You may want to check out this link for some information http://www.healthychildren.org/English/health-issues/conditions/genitourinary-tract/pages/Labial-Adhesions.aspx

Featuring Experts

Dr. Dan Brennan is a Board Certified Pediatrician and Certified Lactation Counselor. He is a graduate of UCLA, Albany Medical College and completed ...More

Helpful Tips

Crib Safety Tips
CRIB SAFETY TIPS if you have a used crib or are considering buying one: Make sure it has no corner posts. older infants can catch ... More
Was this Helpful?
11 of 23 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.