Skip to content
Brishing teeth
tothebeach4 posted:
My son just turned a year old last week. He has four teeth on the top, 3 on the bottom (the 4th hasn't popped up yet) and we have one top molar starting to make it's way through. I was wondering when we should start "brushing" his teeth to help promote good hygiene for the future?

tothebeach4 responded:
Oops... Subject should say "Brushing teeth", LOL!

phoenix31674 responded:
You should start brushing as soon as teeth come in. actually you should at least run a damp washcloth on just their gums to keep harmful bacteria from building up even before then. I used one of those toothbrushes you slip on your finger until she was about 2 and could listen to direction to keep her mouth open while I brushed.

Featuring Experts

Dr. Dan Brennan is a Board Certified Pediatrician and Certified Lactation Counselor. He is a graduate of UCLA, Albany Medical College and completed ...More

Helpful Tips

Updated Crib Safety GuidelinesExpert
For information on the latest federal crib safety standards, here is a link to important points for parents to be aware of! ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 5 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.