Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Skin Tag on Baby Anus
Shayaan2010 posted:

My 13 month old son had a little growth on her anus. We took her to the doctor today and he said that it was a skin tag. I had no idea that a child could get these and the doctor didn't seem worried about it. He said he would check it at her next visit, but it isn't dangerous. He said if it gets bigger or becomes a problem we can consider having it removed, but until then it is harmless. Like I said, I didn't know that babies could get these but he said it isn't an uncommon problem. I didn't find too much online about it but it sounds like other parents have seen the same things? Did any of your pediatricians say anything different? It doesn't seem to bother him but I just don't know much about it. I trust the pediatrician I'm just surprised that this is a common issue. can someone please tell me what should i do ?? its ok to remove the skin tag or not ???

Featuring Experts

Dr. Dan Brennan is a Board Certified Pediatrician and Certified Lactation Counselor. He is a graduate of UCLA, Albany Medical College and completed ...More

Helpful Tips

The What, When, How, and Why of Babies Sleeping Through the NightExpert
I absolutely love the discussions in this newborn community! I have noticed lots of discussions lately about sleep issues in babies that ... More
Was this Helpful?
18 of 24 found this helpful

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.