Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
switching formulas
katheryn26 posted:
ok so i have a question or need some advice.... My son is now 7 weeks old and we had to switch his formula from the enfamil premium infant to prosobe soy formula.. doctor suggested because he was consistantly throwing up. Well I did that and I know that usually with changes he would become constipated right? Well he was but now he has bowel movements but not like normal... he poops out like rocks.... and thats it.. it is hard for him to have a bowel movement still so it this normal or do I need to change formula again... I am not so sure what to do!!!!!

Tree555 responded:
I would switch formulas. Hes only 7 weeks, so his poop should still be runny not firm. I use earths best organic soy formula...maybe that would be better?? If your very worried, just call your dr. That always makes me feel better

Dan Brennan, MD responded:
Hi katheryn - it would be worth checking in with your pediatrician on the formula type and how it is being prepared before making any further changes. By working together, I bet you can smooth things out relatively quickly.

Dr. dan

Featuring Experts

Dr. Dan Brennan is a Board Certified Pediatrician and Certified Lactation Counselor. He is a graduate of UCLA, Albany Medical College and completed ...More

Helpful Tips

anemia scare
my 16 month old daughter just got some blood work done and the results came back and showed she was anemic. We are very concerned, scared, ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 8 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.