Skip to content

Announcements

Attention All WebMD Community Members:

These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place: https://messageboards.webmd.com/

Your new WebMD Message Boards are now open!

Making the move is as easy as 1-2-3.

1. Head over to this page: https://messageboards.webmd.com/family-pregnancy/f/parenting/

2. Choose the tag from the drop-down menu that clicks most with you (and add it to any posts you create so others can easily find and sort through posts)

3. Start posting

Have questions? Email us anytime at CommunityManagement@webmd.net

Includes Expert Content
    switching formulas
    katheryn26 posted:
    ok so i have a question or need some advice.... My son is now 7 weeks old and we had to switch his formula from the enfamil premium infant to prosobe soy formula.. doctor suggested because he was consistantly throwing up. Well I did that and I know that usually with changes he would become constipated right? Well he was but now he has bowel movements but not like normal... he poops out like rocks.... and thats it.. it is hard for him to have a bowel movement still so it this normal or do I need to change formula again... I am not so sure what to do!!!!!

Tree555 responded:
    I would switch formulas. Hes only 7 weeks, so his poop should still be runny not firm. I use earths best organic soy formula...maybe that would be better?? If your very worried, just call your dr. That always makes me feel better :)

Dan Brennan, MD responded:
    Hi katheryn - it would be worth checking in with your pediatrician on the formula type and how it is being prepared before making any further changes. By working together, I bet you can smooth things out relatively quickly.

Dr. dan

Helpful Tips

Feeding tip
    When my baby was same age the rule was 2oz per pound. So if baby waight is 10lbs then he/she should have about 20 oz of formula. Have you ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    2 of 2 found this helpful

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.