Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Includes Expert Content
Baby Stools
samhat94128 posted:
My daughter is 13 months old and has had a fever for the past week or so. it went away officially yesterday. we took her to the ER they said tylenol and ib profen every other 3 hours. Now she has a rash. her body was covered in just a heat rash but her face is blotchy and red all over. now today her stool is greenish brown with little orange balls (picture orange seeds almost) and they were filled with air and a little liquid. she has not had any fruits or foods that would cause this so im not sure what to think. if anyone can help me figure out what this is or the severtiy of it that would be a great help!

Dan Brennan, MD responded:
Hi SamHat

I would suggest in this case that you consult with your regular pediatrician. It may turn out that this is a viral infection, but it better to err on the side of carefulness in these cases.

Hope that helps,
Dr.Dan

samhat94128 replied to Dan Brennan, MD's response:
so i just sould bring her in the morning or is it serious enough for her to be checked asap?

mom2laurenmckenna responded:
Update? How is she? I have no experience w this to give advice, but have been wondering if all is well.

Featuring Experts

Dr. Dan Brennan is a Board Certified Pediatrician and Certified Lactation Counselor. He is a graduate of UCLA, Albany Medical College and completed ...More

Helpful Tips

The What, When, How, and Why of Babies Sleeping Through the NightExpert
I absolutely love the discussions in this newborn community! I have noticed lots of discussions lately about sleep issues in babies that ... More
Was this Helpful?
18 of 24 found this helpful

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.