Skip to content
What's Your Biggest Mama Guilt Trip?
Amelia_WebMD_Staff posted:
When you have a second to stop worrying, please tell us what you feel the most guilty about.... :)

WE CAN'T HELP IT! We are mothers and unfortunately it almost always comes with the title, especially with the pressures of today. While experts suggest that mothers give themselves a break .....
What has been your biggest mama guilt trip over your baby's first year? How did/do you handle it?

Take the Poll

What's your biggest mama guilt trip of your baby's first year?
  • Not feeling the immediate unconditional mama love.
  • Not breastfeeding at all or every time.
  • Returning to work.
  • Leaving your child in daycare.
  • Taking time for yourself.
vote
View Poll Results

5ylver responded:
I voted returning to work. I still hate it to this day and DD is now 1 year old. She's been getting sick very often lately and I've called out maybe 3 times in the past 2 weeks and was late to work twice just because I can't help but hug and kiss her everytime she crawls to my pantleg, that's a lot of time I took to stay home and take care of her. Anymore and I'm afraid I may lose my job especially since she is sick AGAIN... the crazy part is, I wouldn't mind losing my job. more bonding time with her :) She's such a mama's girl!

phoenix31674 responded:
Definitely taking time for myself. DS has had a hard time bottle feeding and we don't really live near anyone who can watch him, so we've not really had any time to ourselves. and with a 4 year old from about 6am until 8-9pm I have one or the other of them wanting mama since naps tend not to overlap anymore.

MartinaWilliams responded:
I voted taking time for yourself. I feel so guilty when i wish I could just take a vacation without DD. Just to be able to swim, bake in the sun, drink, dance without having always to think about her and her needs, just for once. Or sitting there watching her while everyone else enjoys themselves. Sometimes when I think about that i feel so horrible with myself, because a mom shouldnt feel that way. :(
Me (20), Bf (48) and DD,lilja born Nov.30.2010 . We Live in Jamaica for now :)

Featuring Experts

Dr. Dan Brennan is a Board Certified Pediatrician and Certified Lactation Counselor. He is a graduate of UCLA, Albany Medical College and completed ...More

Helpful Tips

bottle problem
like this website i always check what i want to know about medical well i have a question how can i stop my son drink in the bottle his ... More
Was this Helpful?
8 of 15 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.