Skip to content
Period after baby...
sdadkin posted:
I know that every body is different, but when is it normal to get your first period after having a baby? My son was born May 3rd and I breastfed him up until 3 and half weeks ago. Since then I have been cramping a lot, but still no period. I would think that since I stopped bf that my period should be back by now.
Dawn (26) Justin (26) DS1 Carter (7/22/09) DS2 Mason (5/3/11)

kay_kay75 responded:
It can take a couple of months to get your first period after BF even...

sweetbaby82 replied to kay_kay75's response:
I have had 2 periods since I had my son, he is almost one year old. I breastfed part-time up until a week ago and have been only nursing once a day for a couple months...I have had lots of cramping for a few weeks and I swear any day I will get my period, but nothing! Its frustrating but I think pretty normal.
Baby Boy born 9/8/10! 4 pounds 13 ounces

Featuring Experts

Dr. Dan Brennan is a Board Certified Pediatrician and Certified Lactation Counselor. He is a graduate of UCLA, Albany Medical College and completed ...More

Helpful Tips

The What, When, How, and Why of Babies Sleeping Through the NightExpert
I absolutely love the discussions in this newborn community! I have noticed lots of discussions lately about sleep issues in babies that ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 27 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.