Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Nutramigen Vs. Alimentum
MSettle78 posted:
My son has been on Alimentum for a week now and seems to be doing better ... My Ped just gave us sample pack... Now we have run out and all WIC will provide is Nutramigen ... Is this pretty much the same or should I worry that its going to be different

hisxforeverx61408 responded:
My daughter is 5 weeks old. & She has been on nutramigen since she was 2 1/2 weeks. she has colic & acid reflux really bad. nutramigen works really well. we also got a type of gripe water called colic calm (you can only buy it at CVS drug stores) and with those two combined, her colic is nearly gone. for the spitting up/ acid reflux, we bought some rice cereal for babies and we put about 1/8 of the formula scoop full, we put it in every bottle she has & it has worked wonders. Also, during the day when you can keep an eye on baby as he/she sleeps, you can place them on their bellies, that helps with the colic too.

Hope this helps. Good luck.

cshyronia responded:
my son is 7 months old and has used nutramigen since he was 1 month. he has a severe allergy to lactose. he was pooping blood. eversince we started the nutramigen he is a happy little boy

sarah0323 responded:
I have had 2 LO's on Nutramigen. They have both thrived on it. Both of mine were/are on it because of lactose allergy. One of them also had reflux. We never tried Alimentum.

In our state if the doctor will fill out a specal form then WIC can/will issue the formula that the doctor states.
Sarah 32, SO 32, DD1 11, DS1 7, DS2 4, DS3 3, DD2 3 months

Featuring Experts

Dr. Dan Brennan is a Board Certified Pediatrician and Certified Lactation Counselor. He is a graduate of UCLA, Albany Medical College and completed ...More

Helpful Tips

bottle problem
like this website i always check what i want to know about medical well i have a question how can i stop my son drink in the bottle his ... More
Was this Helpful?
8 of 15 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.