Skip to content
csection momma's & periods
mommyNtraining posted:
know there's a irregular period section but i need to hear from mommas who have had csections. how were your periods afterwards? normal, regular, none? breastfeeding or not? i had my lochia for about 8 wks straight, and less than a month later starting aunt flow. she's came every month but oddly not this month, but have experienced all the symptoms of PMS and whole 9 yards. i dont want to jump to "i think im pregnant yet". i just want to know if this is typical after birth. to go from kinda normal to skipping one or some. thanks

sweetbaby82 responded:
I breastfed/pumped up until a couple weeks ago, but we were down to one feeding a day for the last couple months of that. I got my first period 8 months PP and since then have had 2 more, baby will be one year old next week . So that means I have missed a few, and I even had PMS symptoms for about 2 weeks before this last period, I thought for sure I was pregnant. I think being irregular for some time after pregnancy can be normal, but I am not sure the range.
Baby Boy born 9/8/10! 4 pounds 13 ounces

daisey210 responded:
I had a C-section and did not breastfeed. My lochia also lasted about 8 or 9 weeks. My period came the month after that and was normal and regular for the months up until last month when it didn't show up. I took a home pregnancy test and it was positive. I had pms symptoms about a week before my period was supposed to start but it didn't.. I had increased appetite and felt bloated. I also had headaches. Turned out that it wasn't my period but a baby

mommyNtraining replied to sweetbaby82's response:
thanks for ur reply, this makes me feel better!

mommyNtraining replied to daisey210's response:
oh dang! thats how i had been feeling! well i hope u start on your vitamins if not already! congrats on your new baby. even if it wasnt expected or planned. i give you good mommy vibes and hope everything goes as smoothly as possible for you hun! thanks for ur reply!

mamas0407 responded:
Same thing happened with me. I bled for approximately 6 monts after my c-section, and I've gotten my period every month for the past 4 months. Sometimes it's not regular- before it was always on the 15th day of the month, and now it comes whenever it wants, but it definitely comes. And I always get PMS now. It's definitely worse than before I had my daughter (she's my first).

mamas0407 replied to mamas0407's response:
LOL I mean, for six weeks, not months. Tired mommy syndrome!

Featuring Experts

Dr. Dan Brennan is a Board Certified Pediatrician and Certified Lactation Counselor. He is a graduate of UCLA, Albany Medical College and completed ...More

Helpful Tips

The What, When, How, and Why of Babies Sleeping Through the NightExpert
I absolutely love the discussions in this newborn community! I have noticed lots of discussions lately about sleep issues in babies that ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 27 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.