csection momma's & periods
mommyNtraining posted:
know there's a irregular period section but i need to hear from mommas who have had csections. how were your periods afterwards? normal, regular, none? breastfeeding or not? i had my lochia for about 8 wks straight, and less than a month later starting aunt flow. she's came every month but oddly not this month, but have experienced all the symptoms of PMS and whole 9 yards. i dont want to jump to "i think im pregnant yet". i just want to know if this is typical after birth. to go from kinda normal to skipping one or some. thanks

sweetbaby82 responded:
I breastfed/pumped up until a couple weeks ago, but we were down to one feeding a day for the last couple months of that. I got my first period 8 months PP and since then have had 2 more, baby will be one year old next week . So that means I have missed a few, and I even had PMS symptoms for about 2 weeks before this last period, I thought for sure I was pregnant. I think being irregular for some time after pregnancy can be normal, but I am not sure the range.
Baby Boy born 9/8/10! 4 pounds 13 ounces

daisey210 responded:
I had a C-section and did not breastfeed. My lochia also lasted about 8 or 9 weeks. My period came the month after that and was normal and regular for the months up until last month when it didn't show up. I took a home pregnancy test and it was positive. I had pms symptoms about a week before my period was supposed to start but it didn't.. I had increased appetite and felt bloated. I also had headaches. Turned out that it wasn't my period but a baby

mommyNtraining replied to sweetbaby82's response:
thanks for ur reply, this makes me feel better!

mommyNtraining replied to daisey210's response:
oh dang! thats how i had been feeling! well i hope u start on your vitamins if not already! congrats on your new baby. even if it wasnt expected or planned. i give you good mommy vibes and hope everything goes as smoothly as possible for you hun! thanks for ur reply!

mamas0407 responded:
Same thing happened with me. I bled for approximately 6 monts after my c-section, and I've gotten my period every month for the past 4 months. Sometimes it's not regular- before it was always on the 15th day of the month, and now it comes whenever it wants, but it definitely comes. And I always get PMS now. It's definitely worse than before I had my daughter (she's my first).

mamas0407 replied to mamas0407's response:
LOL I mean, for six weeks, not months. Tired mommy syndrome!