Skip to content
Health insurance question! Help please!
nelawo posted:
I just had my baby 3 weeks ago and would like to cancel my maternity covered insurance and apply for a non maternity insurance, so do you think the new one will cover my 6 weeks postpartum check up? TIA

lenono97 responded:
That's only a question the insurance company can answer. Every policy is different. You should ask the new company before canceling with the old one just to be safe.

kay_kay75 responded:
are you talking about state insurance like medicaid? if so you need to check with your case worker about it. But if it is non maternity I would say most likely if you go to a non maternity policy it will not cover your postpartum check up

Featuring Experts

Dr. Dan Brennan is a Board Certified Pediatrician and Certified Lactation Counselor. He is a graduate of UCLA, Albany Medical College and completed ...More

Helpful Tips

anemia scare
my 16 month old daughter just got some blood work done and the results came back and showed she was anemic. We are very concerned, scared, ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 8 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.