Skip to content
Who's Dressing up for Halloween? (Hysterical Slideshow)
Amelia_WebMD_Staff posted:
This is your one chance to entirely pick what your LO will wear for Halloween! Or maybe not....I tried to make my DD a chicken for her first Halloween and she cried, insisting to steal my witch hat.
  1. Who's dressing up? (LOs, SO, you, pets, etc...)
  2. What's everyone wearing?
  3. What are you most excited about or do you not do Halloween?
If you are spiffing up a pet, don't forget to enter our 2nd Annual Pet Costume Slideshow by clicking here . Just upload your photo and that's it! Don't forget to check out last year's hysterical Best-Dressed Pet Slideshow , too! Your kids will also love it.

Happy Weekend!
Amelia

cshyronia responded:
  1. Who's dressing up? (LOs, DD
  2. What's everyone wearing? lo 8 months is going to be a Lion dd 4 yrs old wants to be a vampire i live in nebraska probably gonna be cold.
  3. What are you most excited about or do you not do Halloween? I love trick or treating and seeing all the kids and animals fressed up

phoenix31674 responded:
DS (1) is going to be a pirate. We have a Jack Sparrow hat from Disneyland and he's adorable in it. We put it on him in the park and everyone was just smiling and saying 'Jack!'.

DD (2) wants to be Alice in Wonderland. Since I have a couple of Disney costumes I made for the trip to Disneyland, she may go as Alice to school since that one's cotton and dress as Snow White for TOT (that one's polyester).

The cat is black, so he doesn't get dressed up. He's in costume year round.

Depending on the weather, DH and I may dress. He has a kilt and I have a German dirndl. I also have a medieval dress, but we'll see if I decide to dress up.

Amelia_WebMD_Staff responded:
Was just re-reading your ideas and I hope that you will both posts some pics! My daughter and I are really starting to get excited! We love this time of year and dressing up, though I'm clueless on what I'm going to be...

Love the little vampire and Alice in Wonderland! Both classic and so cute on the LOs. Have fun!

phoenix31674 replied to Amelia_WebMD_Staff's response:
I'm hoping to get DS to wear the hat long enough for a picture. We put it on him last night and he immediately went to pull it off. I need to put together his bandanna hat today. I think I know how I'm doing that. I need to hem up the fabric and then put a little elastic on the back to help keep it on his noggin. This whole costume has been a bit of a learning experience for me as I've never used elastic sewn directly to the fabric. I only sewed one sleeve on the wrong way out. LOL And that was after thinking hard about it. The collar is on quick and dirty since the shirt is not lined. I could have made it more finished, but it's just a costume that will be worn for Halloween maybe twice since there's Fall Fest on Saturday and might possibly be worn to Disney World in February.

But i'll definitely post some sort of picture.

Amelia_WebMD_Staff replied to phoenix31674's response:
Thank you! I can't wait to see him, with or without the hat!

You sound like me, but much better when it comes to costumes... I tried to put together a Sally Costume (from the Nightmare Before Christmas) 2 years ago all by myself. It ended up so small that I had to cut it and fit my poor daughter in there. Then, we just safety pinned it together. What a nightmare!!! I felt awful, but can finally laugh, now.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!
Amelia

Featuring Experts

Dr. Dan Brennan is a Board Certified Pediatrician and Certified Lactation Counselor. He is a graduate of UCLA, Albany Medical College and completed ...More

Helpful Tips

Updated Crib Safety GuidelinesExpert
For information on the latest federal crib safety standards, here is a link to important points for parents to be aware of! ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 5 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.