Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Includes Expert Content
re: breastfeeding
chocolates1 posted:
My wife breast pump every 6-8 hours interval daily. I am very concern about how it would affect her long term health? Thank you.

Sara DuMond, MD, FAAP responded:
Hi there. I am going to direct you to the breastfeeding support community here at WebMD. I think you will find it very helpful!
http://exchanges.webmd.com/breastfeeding-support-group-exchange
Dr. DuMond

mathgypsy2 responded:
I pumped exclusively with my first for 6 months. I don't know of any long term health problems it would cause. Lactation has been found to have positive health benefits like reducing breast and ovarian cancers. My doc told me to take a multivitamin and not to lose weight to fast, they were very encouraging as pumping is not easy.

Featuring Experts

Dr. Dan Brennan is a Board Certified Pediatrician and Certified Lactation Counselor. He is a graduate of UCLA, Albany Medical College and completed ...More

Health Insurance in Your State

Learn about plans, benefits, and costs in your state's Marketplace.

From WebMD

Helpful Tips

Did you know crib bumpers can be dangerous?Expert
Sure they're cute, but are they worth the potential risk? Between 1985 and 2005, 27 children under the age of 2 years died and 25 were ... More
Was this Helpful?
32 of 45 found this helpful

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.