Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
what is going on?
sarahlbell posted:
my 8 month old daughter had a fever of 102 for a couple days. We took her to the doctor, they looked at her throat and ears and said "must be a cold". They told us to give her advil, wihich we did. Her fever has come down, but now she is covered in a rash. She is also rubbing her head as if it hurts and is still very fussy. She is sleeping a lot more than normal and not eating as much. Any ideas/suggestions? It has been 3 days since we saw the doctor.

lenono97 responded:
I would give the doctor a call in the morning, or sooner if things get worse. She may want you to come back considering your daughter has not gotten any better.

Ihgirl1066 replied to lenono97's response:
The rash could be roseola, my son got that once when he had a high fever, theres nothing they could do for that.

Amelia_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Sarah,

Please let us know how your precious daughter is doing! If you haven't seen a doctor and she is still experiencing these symptoms, seek your pediatrician ASAP.

Here is an extremely helpful Overview on Fever in Babies that gives great insight on what to expect and when to call a doctor. A rash is a definite reason to call your pediatrician, for they can test your LO to distinguish whether she is experiencing a virus, infection or something else. I hope you will check out the article and please keep us posted on how she is doing!

Take care,
Amelia

Featuring Experts

Dr. Dan Brennan is a Board Certified Pediatrician and Certified Lactation Counselor. He is a graduate of UCLA, Albany Medical College and completed ...More

Helpful Tips

Updated Crib Safety GuidelinesExpert
For information on the latest federal crib safety standards, here is a link to important points for parents to be aware of! ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 5 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.