Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
one year old with a ringworm
dbkj424 posted:
what can i put on it? everything i have says not to use unless two or over. any suggestions?

cshyronia responded:
My daughter had one that kept comming back and the antifungul med the dr gives is gross made her gagg and had to take it 3 times a day for 6 weeks. I know this is going to sound grazy my mom told me about using bleach so i googled it and alot of people said it worked. so i took a q tip dipped in bleach rubbed on the spot let it sit like 10 min rinsed of with water did for 1 week was gone and has never came back.

shoxy responded:
My daughter had that at 3 months and the doctor had us buy an over-the-counter anti-fungal cream. Put a little bit on it twice a day(morning and night) for 2 weeks. Be sure to wash everything they have touched were they have it, otherwise it can just keep coming back.

Featuring Experts

Dr. Dan Brennan is a Board Certified Pediatrician and Certified Lactation Counselor. He is a graduate of UCLA, Albany Medical College and completed ...More

Helpful Tips

Updated Crib Safety GuidelinesExpert
For information on the latest federal crib safety standards, here is a link to important points for parents to be aware of! ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 5 found this helpful

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.