Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Post partum tubal ligation failure
chell1003 posted:
I had a tubal ligation at the time of my last delivery, but now Im so worried I have ran in to like 4 women recently that had tubals and had gotten pregnant again. I mean I know its out of my hands if we do get pregnant again, but I have been doing some research and have found out that the younger you are, if you have it done at delivery, and if your body heals itself you could become pregnant again. Well im 24 years old had it done in December, and this is probably TMI but my libido has been higher than normal so we have been very active lately....Im so so freaked out we have 3 children (boys) under the age of 5. Really wouldnt mind having a girl we were just gonna adopt.

Any one have any more info that I cant find that can help me, I mean like i said if we do its kinds out of our hands ya know but Im just wondering?
Im also waiting on a call from my dr to tell me exactly which method they did apprently that also makes a diffrence. Any info or stories?

lenono97 responded:
Sorry, I don't have any info on tubal ligation but, have you considered an additional form of birth control? At least until you can put your mind at ease? Just a suggestion. Good luck!

chell1003 replied to lenono97's response:
I have yes but Im also not a big fan of birth control pills anymore. I apparently go pregnant on birth control and I didnt find out until I was 3 months pregnant. (went in to have a surgery and found out) But Im sure everything will be find Im just so nervous now. Im going in for my 6 week post partum check up in a few weeks so Ill hopefully get some good answers then.

Featuring Experts

Dr. Dan Brennan is a Board Certified Pediatrician and Certified Lactation Counselor. He is a graduate of UCLA, Albany Medical College and completed ...More

Helpful Tips

The What, When, How, and Why of Babies Sleeping Through the NightExpert
I absolutely love the discussions in this newborn community! I have noticed lots of discussions lately about sleep issues in babies that ... More
Was this Helpful?
20 of 26 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.