Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
When to introduce solid food
beautifulbuffalo posted:
My grandson is 4 months old and has stomach problems where he has trouble holding down special prescription formula so Dr said try him with some cereal. He loved it. Mom wants to give vegetables. I think it's to early for that. Maybe after the cereal for awhile some fruit.

Any help out there. (not that my daughter will listen to me as she has her own mind).
BB

Ihgirl1066 responded:
Ive always heard to start with sweet potatoes, my son didnt like em so i started with bananas.

lenono97 responded:
Food is started anywhere between 4-6 months. If he has stomach problems, I would probably have this discussion with the pedi first. But to answer your question, I really don't think it matters what she starts next. As long as she waits a couple of days between each new food to watch for any negative reactions. I always heard to start vegetables first so the child gets a taste for it. Fruits are sweeter so babies generally eat them easier then vegetables. But again, I really don't think it matters.

Featuring Experts

Dr. Dan Brennan is a Board Certified Pediatrician and Certified Lactation Counselor. He is a graduate of UCLA, Albany Medical College and completed ...More

Helpful Tips

anemia scare
my 16 month old daughter just got some blood work done and the results came back and showed she was anemic. We are very concerned, scared, ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 8 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.