Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Where did you have your LO?
Amelia_WebMD_Staff posted:
Home births seem to be on the rise , again. While they aren't for everyone, many mothers do go through a great deal of preparation to have their babies as safely as possible at home.
  1. Where did you plan to give birth to your LO?
  2. Where did you have your LO?
  3. Were you prepared? or Would you have done something differently?
  4. Was there a funny or intense moment that stuck out through it all?

Look forward to hearing your stories!
Amelia

Allaya9 responded:
I had my LO in the hospital and never wanted a home birth since I couldn't have an epidural at home (I'm a wimp when it comes to menstraul pain). I was ready for him to come but unprepared for such a long labor and delivery. The funny thing that sticks out in my mind, they had to break my water and his head was already in the birth canal so it didn't drain all the way. I was pushing and all the sudden I heard this huge splash, my water gushed out and the nurse got soaked. It was embarrassing and funny.

Amelia_WebMD_Staff replied to Allaya9's response:
I was right on your wavelength with the need for an epidural, Allaya! Love your story!!

1. Where did you plan to give birth to your LO? Hospital
  2. Where did you have your LO? Hospital
  3. Were you prepared? or Would you have done something differently? Prepared through consistent reading and hospital classes, though I was admitted 5 weeks early due to a placental abruption.
  4. Was there a funny or intense moment that stuck out through it all? My mother insisted on a huge platter of ribs being delivered to my hospital room after the 10th day of my hospital stay and just before delivery. The smell was strong and I found it hilarious, since I have been a vegetarian for almost 16 years.
Look forward to hearing more!
Amelia

missashley1010 responded:
  1. Where did you plan to give birth to your LO? I planned for the hospital it was my first and I was nervous as is and wanted to make sure I was prepared for anything.
  2. Where did you have your LO? I had him in the hospital thank goodness because I ended up needing a c-section so im pretty sure I made the right choice as far as the hospital went. lol
  3. Were you prepared? or Would you have done something differently?I was not prepared for my c-section but took it like a champ. I dont think I could have done anything differently just went with the flow.
  4. Was there a funny or intense moment that stuck out through it all? Well I dont remember my funny moment personally but my SO for sure does. I was in labor for 24 hours before we did the c-section and I was soooo tired I had fell asleep on the operating table. My SO said the doctors we laughing because I was SNORING so loud lol!!!

Featuring Experts

Dr. Dan Brennan is a Board Certified Pediatrician and Certified Lactation Counselor. He is a graduate of UCLA, Albany Medical College and completed ...More

Helpful Tips

Did you know crib bumpers can be dangerous?Expert
Sure they're cute, but are they worth the potential risk? Between 1985 and 2005, 27 children under the age of 2 years died and 25 were ... More
Was this Helpful?
32 of 45 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.